Friday, March 5, 2010

3 1/2 hour seminar on manuscript preservation

Finally worked out why university librarians have become such arrogant rude and unhelpful peeps. Library science has moved from the dissemination of information to preservation and conservation of books. I know people steal and hide stuff that's not new what is new is the theory that they should be treated like rats or silverfish or bookworms which are any insects at larval stage. And 3 1/2 hours no break well that stopped me asking any questions and the desire just to keep my head down I am here for love and romance I don't really need to access the library to pass this course. And by the time they decide you are really important they ask you to check out the special books coz no one else can read them.

I must have a go at the visa. I think I have all the documents I need. Then pack a few light clothes after last wash now I have discovered the washing machine that will be easier. One more small shopping trip for fun stuff for her rearrest. I assume she will be freed monday then rearrested within a few days. It takes about 6 days for speedpost to get to me from her it should only take two days if it were just city to city but it isn't. If I post the next package on 10th morning day I leave Kottayam that gives the authorities 8 days to rearrest her. And if she is still free then her health will start to deteriorate.

I am going to get something to eat, in fact when I am with her she is going to eat well too sod all this magickorealist suffering stuff, suffering comes because I am part Russian I am human don't need to go adding to it. Some sweet snacks some savoury and some chili peanuts so I can watch the end of Ponyo in peace. I should finish the tenth text in Syriac, it's really quite easy and flows once you get stuck in the inertia though prevents my restarting it.

Oh the petition looks full at 340 might get some more she never gets more than a few hundred each petition this is just one of about four I can trace on the Web. I am still hungry after that morning seminar I should have made breakfast it makes it a lot easier for the rest of the day. But the heat is so draining. I have yahoo to compare temperatures so I think it's getting warmer in London. It says 4 but it's only 8am it's 31 here because it's cloudy. It'll get hotter in April and start cooling in May or June I think. Anyway gotta dig in start thinking long term. First get the MA from Syriac and then seriously think of doing some kind of Masters in Kaslik if I can get the money sorted. Fr Abdo is more of a beach and skiing priest monk if I can persuade him that really I am more into chanting simple monastic life and not really into shopping maybe I can get a better deal than the $100 per day which he thought was really reasonable. I think my budget is around $5 per day plus other expenses so I think some negotiating needs to be done else I stay on at SEERI and go for the three year PhD follow on. If she isn't released in five years maybe I should talk to her or something. You know what i mean. Or not what's to be done maybe I'll be more indian about it by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment