Sunday, March 7, 2010

Endings

I haven't finished the last text from Healey a short passage in East Syriac, Thomas of Marga on church history, lots of names, should be fairly easy to finish but at this rate I will not finish in time to have the last session with Fr Thomas here. Ah well classic avoidance no harm there. I haven't completed the on-line visa yet but that shouldn't take too long so I'll do that once I finished the shopping and getting of money and stuff. The priest I set to arrange a farewell tea now Alex suggested I tells him I likes tea I pick lados very well and they get some pouris and coffee so I did but he seems quite keen on a small gathering of elite priests for dinner. I think it's more of a big deal for them. It'll bump the price up but not by that much. From a few hundred to a few thousand rupees but I figure not a time to haggle if I am going. I mentioned my preference and left it to him. It's so easy to offend peeps here. Last wash in the process of spinning it takes about five hours for a cycle. Tomorrow is last full day so I should start tidying up now. I have all the paperwork I am going to take packed. Just need to sort out the desk in case anything important is thrown away before my return. And stack text books neatly. Hey I can start on that now. I don't think I shall finish the tenth text so might as well stop worrying about that. Ok bit of tidying another shower and off to the shops and bank where I shall try to limit the stress. If they won't let me take out some of my money I have the other account which sometimes works. And if that one gives up in Nepal I can worry about that there.

No comments:

Post a Comment