Friday, March 5, 2010

Preparations

I always feel it's better to prepare in advance even if nothing goes to plan. So the Bank when I strolled up and asked them if they would be ever so kind as to provide me with an uptodate statement. Well that set them off. After about half an hour they had frozen the account then said no you can use cheques but they want the card back. And I am thinking if they can get the right name on the new card that would nice. But anyone they say it's a simple clerical error and I as pointed out to them really more their problem not mine and no I had no intention of returning with the deposit account details and photocopies of my passport visa pages unless they wish to hire me because my understanding. And then they got someone more chatty to chat to me and the compromise we came to because I really didn't see any point leaving without a statement or some record of how much money I had in the account so I could use it to get the student visa. Was that I would return in April with any forms they wanted but I had no intention of spending my last days in Kottayam trying to assist them with their clerical errors.

So later I should fill in the visa application I just need to have all the details to hand and then set the appointment for sometime after 25 march.

Plus I got denied access to a european Manipuri group but I wonder if they are into secrecy maybe it's not really my group.

But good news mind, John the Just has inherited this foreign tourist disease mind, I always pay a bit more for me coconut water and tender coconut. Mainly because I have only eated dessicated coconut in the west with tinned coconut milk. 20 rupees I pay thats a 5 rupee tip at todays rate I dunno bit less than 40p. But the thing is so today he say oh no sir ten rupees. Well the first guy does I like coconut water it's fresh and better than bottled. So yeah having said John the Just suffers from the tourist disease of haggling over five p savings with the poor I really got a buzz when the guy gave me a discount plus let me have the tender coconut. Of course I accepted gotta give the man respect plus I got a buzz. I wouldn't haggle with him over it though.

No comments:

Post a Comment