Sunday, October 4, 2009

Ah Well

Fr Jose is ducking out of the trip to Andhra. How hard can it be. The train leaves sometime after 11.pm tonite and arrives sometime after 1.pm tomorrow. Actually not bad only 14 hours quicker than the bus journey to Kottayam and I am in an A/C sleeper. Bus to the Majestic or City Train Stn I'll leave at 9.pm but it should only take an hour.

Emailed my auntie Belinda, never really liked her or trusted her, but she had offered to be of any assistance, I am sure she won't get involved but no harm in asking. I just want her to tickle the cousins for me. The plan is still to outlive them. The other plan is not to trust nobody else with my money. I don't give that much away. I think I have a natural caution. I've been here altogether 8 months nearly and only recently occasionally started giving one or two rupees to beggars. I thought I'd get mobbed. But it's their job. You give them a rupee then you walk on.

I am looking forward to getting out of Bangalore and the DVK, battlefield of knowledge it maybe but I am more of a solitary loner sniper Syriac Scholar not really a team player. I looked at the possibility of going to Oxford for one year to do an M St after the MA at Kottayam. But it would cost at today's prices at least 8k sterling. Why pay 7x the going rate. I hope Lebanon gets it act together and I can do something at Antioch.

I think I'll email Babush to see if he has anything to prove his mother was a Goan National at any stage. Otherwise it's read more on Phoolan Devi, now that's a tough read, I mean haven't got to the gang rape murder of her husband yet and it's already feeling like things can't really get much worse and you know they do. It's closer to 500 pages. I hope by pg 250 she gets the gang rape over with and starts with the whole tarantino revenge cycle. She is assasinated after success comes to her, she is elected an MLA, but that's India for you.

Oh Jose worked up a contact for Irom Sharmila there is going to be a bigger campaign for November 2 the anniversary of the hunger strike, he said tenth but it's 9th surely. Either way gonna need some help here from God or whoever is out there because we are dealing with human beings here, and there really isn't any need to use terms like psychotic, people are fairly conformist, luckily I grew up in a nice borough so the sheep weren't too aggressive. But I am not clear why God is as not yet disappointed in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment