Saturday, October 31, 2009

Back in town

Ok so I didn't actually make it to the Embassy. The DhammakutA Vipassana Meditation centre. That's pronounced like Victor without the ctor and pashmina without the mi hence Vipash'na. is a cross between the Island of Lost and Enter the Dragon. It looks like Wudan mountain although practising noble silence meant staring at my feet for nine days when not meditating so I missed the kung fu fighting nuns too but I knew they were there. All the fun of a cult outwith the sexual or financial misconduct.

You know that scene where the One says I know Kung Fu. Well I know how to meditate. First day I think up your game Desie you'll have Samadhi by the end of the week you must invite all your friends if only to suggest they couldn't hack it. By second day I was thinking just finish Desie it don't matter if you don't learn nothing. It went on like the old guard. The back aches stop after day three which was also my birthday thanks for greetings who sent. And if you didn't no worries there is a reason a man goes up a mountain in Sri Lanka on a noble silent retreat during his birthday.

I might learn equanimity. I learnt a lot about pain. It's not all in the mind but the stuff that really hurts is. Doesn't make it any less real, just needs a different technique or as they all seem now to be saying, to learn to do nothing. Don't react don't respond observe gently lovingly with equanimity. Easy to knock someone's equanimity as long as we fall into any of the illusions. Gypsies tore up one of my sandals. I don't weep over torn sandals. I weep over my torn sandals. And if there is anything more of an illusion that outward manifestation it is that there is a subsistent I that has these things.

It's a body system of meditation mainly Burmese now spreading through the evangelical buddhist wing. Still tolerant gets a few caflicks. And it's impressive what you can get people to do if you have there undivided attention for ten days. If they gave me 9 months of similar dedication and I would return them Tai Chi masters one and all.

I hope to return for my honeymoon. If she lasts till day ten then a few days in La Kandy at top of the Hill in the actual honeymoon suite. Plus a bit of Sri Aurobindo designer spirituality shopping first to ease the blow.

It is a physically mental and emotional trauma to undergo. But I learnt to sit still for an hour at a time, and once you practice this increases. A vipassan meditator is known by their ability to sit still for long periods as a Yogin is known by the padma asana. I think I can get both with practice. All I have to do is to continue to wake at 4am for two hours of meditation which is far easier to achieve than maintaining equanimity in the presence of others who speak.

I'll be back in Bangalore in a few hours. I have rupees so I can eat then too but they'll give me stuff on the plane. Apparently the cousins are now being very helpful and assisting Aunty Belinda with her requests for funds. I guess John the Just was just too Just for them whereas Auntie Belinda asking for a bit more dosh was hard to refuse.

Be nice not to be overdrawn. They seem to think I will be getting an increased allowance soon and as equanimous as I intend to be and as much as I shall not be drawn into petty squabbles over my mother's inheritance with people motivated solely by greed. I will not sign away another penny of my mother's inheritance. If they cannot invest outwith my signature well then that's tough but I am not signing over any more money to them because they are thieves. I am pretty sure all I have to do is learn to say they are thieves outwith any bodily reaction with equanimity and solely as an observation. It would be contrarty to Satyagraha to state otherwise.

Apart from that back in England from December 8, they were a little naughty but things work out as they should. I chose to learn Vipassana Meditation on the top of Wudan mountain with some silent fighting kung fu Bikhunni (that's like a bikini gel of the buddhist fighting nun persuasion). So sue me.

I think I fell out with your man the priest Paul Father. I told him I would be ceasing payments for Manjulah as she is no longer at the Ashram and he has no intention of assisting her. He responded with my that's a hasty decision but if you don't want to assist my work with the poor and an odd ending which sounded like hope that's your last visit. I replied with my rights under canon 1300, asking for a breakdown of how exactly he helped this girl and asking for record of how much money he has received from me in total. I mentioned I was not threatening him with a Tribunal but I am aware of my rights and responsiblities under canon 1300. I also mentioned that I was still giving him a lump sum from my settlement at TVU in the Spring but I'd like to know how he intended to spend it as he now admits he has no further intention of running the Ashram.

He is not a thief. He just likes building things. I'll give him more money in case I am wrong about him and I'll ask another priest to assist Manjulah. Beyond that Indians is Indians but it's not wise to talk down to a Westerner when you have taken 2.5k of his mother's money and not been entirely truthful how you spent it. With equanimity mind. Thank god I didn't mention the sex scandal and my knowledge of the Nolan Committee protocols because that might have really upset him, and my path is to live life with equanimity and in the furtherance of yada yada. My path is to get meself a macwhitebook I believe and start playing some on line adventure games while mastering Vipassana meditation and the padma asana and Syriac. I do so hope the ghost sister has responded and a missive awaits in dvk else I shall just send her I phoolan Devi and a book of Lincoln's speeches before i head back home to England. Oh yeah one more gift parcel before Xmas. It is the ninth anniversary of her indefinite fast tomorrow.

I must soar on equanimity. It was fun pretending to be a Buddhist monk of the Tervadin Hinyana school, they aren't all lamas you know and anything is fun for ten days. I'll be back

No comments:

Post a Comment