Saturday, October 3, 2009

Shopping

Spent about ten quid on two books it's just textbooks that are cheap here. The autobiography of the Bandit Queen and some selected speeches of Honest Abe.

The black bile riseth. There is an injustice here. Not on the level of the Bandit Queen nor of Lady Sharmila in fact more on the level of Legally Blonde III. I think I shall have to reclaim some control over my money, otherwise I have to ask some sod permission if I want to purchase a book and sod that for a game of soldiers.

But if I get some money, then I can become a Syriac Scholar for a bit. I do have a cunning plan formulating of returning to Blightey as a qualified elderly and eccentric Syriac Scholar but for now best concentrate on getting to Nellikuduru. Oh I don't think I'll go with the vipissana retreat. They haven't replied since I asked them whether I can still get the visa at Kangy or do I have to get it done at the privatized visa agency in Colombo. Might be beter to stay in Colombo till I get the visa thing at least started. It should take five days. I have a return flight booked for ten days. I can treat it as a tourist holiday. Give me something more worthy to feel guilty about then 10 squid on two books shopping. Ah but chikli awaits. One more revision of the perfect tense. I think I have it shqal shqalat shqlat shqlat sheqlet shqal shqal shqaltoun shqaltein shqaln just have to identify the silent endings, a few have silent endings. This is basically the thing with dead language grammar, that and recognizing the word because the letters are odd looking and read from right to left, like hunting for chameleons, parsing. Then in phase two a few years down the line you are expected to have developed a sensitivity for the language. I hope my English style has simplified enough over the years to give competent translation. I have been developing my strenght of Winnie the Pooh style for some time. I hope it pays off.

Oh yeah the cousins, if I go on the vipissana silent retreat I will not doubt become a man of inscrutable silence and many siddhis will develop. But I'd much rather become a Syriac Scholar and discover some decent cursing Syriac Psalms, all I have to do is outlive them, and that's more me, if you use a Syriac Cursing Psalm there is no negative karma, I am pretty sure about that. Plus I am sure you aren't supposed to cheat the widow orphan or stranger and I'd be making an application under section two of the Syriac Cursing Psalm, they could respond with the whole inherit the wind proverb, but if the heavenly court grants that injunction it would only bring the whole Syriac Cursing Psalm route towards justice and the furtherance of the kindom into disrepute hmm. Anyway must get back to that chikli and some revision at least I got the Bandit Queen to relax with when my brain locks down, but that is part of the process of mastering a dead language. Do not be alarmed.

Hey and Fr Sunny my canon law hero agreed with a fatwa of mine over lunch, his friend has donated a kidney inter vivos. Now if he dies and is fast tracked to sainthood then the person with his kidney would be in possession of a first class relic. Obvious though when you think about it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your shopping and travel adventures. Your post put a smile on my face. Good luck on all your future shopping and travels. By the way, do you know that you can earn by travelling? I found a new social networking community that is surely exciting to join. I hope you'll be interested too. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete