Saturday, October 17, 2009

Back in Warangal briefly

John had had his email account hacked or is it cracked anyway good news is I seem to have thoroughly confused the nigerian conman either that or the subroutine that automatically sends the email has a gigo filter. Or perhaps John was and this new guy is the false John on a longer scam intending first to lure me into a false sense. And yes people I had thought of a third possibility but frankly isn't that one just a little too complicated.

First time I took a three tier A/C sleeper train I got on and thought now there must be some mistake. Don't worry just sit down catch yer breath and that nice railway chappie johnnie with the three piece suit fob watch cap and shiny whistle will come along and escourt me to the nice carriage where the comfortable sleeper beds are just like the Orient Express. Oh dear well I guess times have changed since the good old days of the Raj.

But second time on a three tier A/C I start the journey alone, and when I wake up an hour away from Chennai I appear to be in the middle of the Nawab's hareem. There is this one gel in a golden salwar, covered in gold, has a cross so I know she is one of us, a beauty andameina. In fact in the old days I would probably just have stared at her and decided I was in heaven. I think I must be ageing. So she tries talking to me, I am beginning to worry I might be dead and this is some shell discard phantasy played out by my latent residual pranic body, but she gives up when she can only manage a few words of English and I never know what to say to wimin even when we speak similar languages. So perhaps the Orient Express is all in the eye of the whether you are in the midst of the Nawab's hareem. Hey and Indian women look amazing in the morning.


White women need make up otherwise they can look old and drawn but Indian women. Ah it would be nice to wake up next to one, but you did Desie, yeah but.

So good news I have broken the back of Syriac Grammar. Not at the stage when I can move to the second style, just reading texts. Still prefer to carry on with the second grammar book but definitely ahead of schedule. Syriac like most ancient languages has a periodic style. Main verb takes a while to appear. So although we learn grammar using sentences. When it comes to reading texts you have to learn to read periodically, which is different. Can be easier too.



Also gone orf the priest. First there aren't 150 kids. He gives that as the figure he said the same in London. But tis aspirational. He had 80 when they returned after the first week. It climbed just under a ton but possibily in part to news of the wondrous tings I had brought from exotic Bangalore.



Manjulah the Princess of Clouds is not on a scholarship with the princessly sum of 32.50 I standing order every month. She is not at the Ashram any more. Long story involving village politics. And he can't help her because it would upset three kids at the ashram whose mother her mother had struck yada yada. He can't help them all because. And so he thought he'd leave it for a while and so did I. Once I get to Pondicherry I shall cancel my standing order. Perhaps it's unfair to someone but why should i pay to sponsor a childe whom he has no intention ever of helping.

I don't want to hassle him about child sex abuse. This is India, but I am glad Manjulah is no longer coming to the Ashram. It's not as nice as it used to be but the buildings look amazing if you are into that sort of thing and take your time with the detail.



Oh but the OIAHE have taken up my case. Hey the assistant ombudsman johnnie chappie sounds on the ball. Summed up the case. This might be fun. I haven't exaggerated or made up stuff and the University is now asked to respond. I have decided to spread the award via Paul Father the Carmelite Friar who might help sort out the Ashram, and the Iron Lady of Manipur.

Things are working out here. Pondicherry is the nicest most beautiful part of India I have visited. My room looks like a proper hotel room that tourists pay for. Sea view I really need to be younger and with someone mind. Found out my flight UL122 is with Air Lanka so just have to book a taxi and reconfirm. Then on November 2 I am back in Bangalore for hte home leg.

Oh I'll send two more emails and then take a break for a while. I am sure I have forgotten many things. but time to rest up and enjoy the sea. The place shuts for Sunday or Monday so bestmake the most of what's left.

No comments:

Post a Comment