Sunday, April 18, 2010

Registration I really mustn't complain

So the Collective no it's the Collectorate. A maze of public buildings. But peeps are very friendly. I found the DSP Office Foreign Cell Fr Ragu gave me a piece of paper with the words on it in English and Malayalam. Paid 20 rupees for the rickshaw I am a big tipper. And 20 for the coconut on the way back did I mention I am a big tipper. I have four pieces of paper to fill in. Well it's actually one piece to fill in four times. Not sure why I can't just photocopy them but there you go. Once it's done he says come back tomorrow it will take him half an hour to get the package together they don't really take bribes this far south. The SI will see me tomorrow won't take long telephone first. Plus bring four photos for the four pages and a letter from the Uni. Well that don't seem to hard. Should be registered tomorrow then I guess. And to be fair I think SEERI have been doing other registrations either that or well anyway loads of pieces of paper are flying about and that feels like good old manly western action.

Oh and more importantly I think I sense why I sense her release is imminent. The strike which I had thought was broken by arresting people and not releasing them and then threatening their families (usually works). The strike is spreading. Different factions joining in today and tomorrow. Central government have told the CM to sort it. Plus the threat to kill all post 1948 immigrants hasn't gone down well with Central. I assume they mean by asking the CM to sort it that they intend to go for direct Presidential rule and then talk about fresh elections in a few years. But they would have to offer something different.

So yep the strike if everyone gets fed up and has had enough. That would do it. Don't need the Chinese or anyone else. I am going to save some emergency funds not stash them away just until Xmas just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment