Monday, August 17, 2009

All I said was

So they want questions is what they say. The guy had just said Vat I got it wrong it's corrected in Vat II and brought up total but imperfect self-revelation. Now all I said was that it's such a relief. If the Church can admit it gets things wrong, we can learn from other faiths, prophets of other traditions, if the Eucharist is a total and imperfect self-revelation, we can combine it with other imperfect self-revelations, this is a goldmine for interfaith dialogue, signalling the end to communalism and the violence that plagues India. To which his minder responded that is more of an observation not a question so I added do you agree with it. Semantically have I not changed the observation into a question. In fact even at a deeper level it's a question. So the lecturer standing next to me I don't think he was my minder but he grew to the challenge took my mike and asked a question about ecology. And the Emeritus professor was able to say ecology is a good thing.

I think he didn't mind my question about if the only difference between secular and sacred history is our faith response and if history is a more complete because versatile and progressive self-revelation of God then wouldn't it make more sense for Indians to take Indian Liberation as our Scripture rather than the paradigm of Jews. Actually I liked his response. Up to a point. We need to discover and listen to our own prophets as and when God inspires them. And the only reason we read the OT is because God incarnated as a Jew. It is a world religion because of Christians and Muslims. I digress now but the poetry is ok but is a bit why you laugh at some gel's jokes if God had incarnated as Nip then we'd all be studying the five zen arts and recontextualizing Shintoism. Liked his response to that one.

To be fair the only reason he didn't reply to the first was his minder kicked in and the CDF spy would have got what they had come for. No point handing it to them on a plate.

I was going to mention that were I to have a daughter I should name her Gitanjali but only for when she travelled to the west. I think I'll take another dip later. Very puzzling why God didn't incarnate as an Injian. Unless they aren't kidding about that whole Vasudeva Krsn thing. He also writes plain love poetry that Rabindranath I have songs of awakening too.

No comments:

Post a Comment