Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Caste and cousins

So had full and frank discussions with the last lecturer on Indian Christianity. The syro-malabar Xtians are brahmins mainly, the padroado Dalit OBC and Tribal mainly, not what mumsie said but there you go. Not sure if I want to buy into all this. I have been reading Tagore. There are more spiritual aspects of India then poncing about which caste order you aspire to.

My parents visited me during second rosary. I lost my place I did for a few beads. They seem both to want me to refrain from sticking the boot in with my cousins. Odd request, and their support is a bit like KRSN to Arjuna at the Kurukshetram. If the dead could work wonders the world would be as whacky as I dream it. But I'll go along, because no matter what I claim I don't really desire a supramental body of light, but I certainly don't want to have my arms up some lawyers paperwork so that I can prove who cares.

Now the assurances of the dead, now that's something I put my faith in. Now must dash and try to help my blonder daughter Jenny.

No comments:

Post a Comment