Thursday, August 6, 2009

Doll Woman and Dancing

I read at mass today. First reading. But what I do well I do well. Did I mention I can bend the candle flame to the horizontal for half a minute on a single breath. Yeah I studied the physics of sound, head voice heart voice. How to develop timbre project. When I read I look at the peeps, phrase, or I can be like a news reader. So the priests liked it but then English ain't their first tongue. But with the doll woman. There was this taiwanese minister in training. He read a poem Don't pity me. Now that is how to proclaim God's word. It's God's work. I am good at what I do. But I'd rather listen to someone who fitted the text more. But I take success when it comes. The doll woman was beautiful. Belgian nun life of suffering worked in the villages as a nurse for ten years now makes dolls. You really have to experience her and her dolls. I suppose that is it. They are empty in many ways though in some quite intricately and thoughfully made (no features no eyes nose mouth etc but if they are playing an instrument the sitar looks like it could be played by someone really tiny) She gives a voice to the voiceless. A saint I touched her foot and bought her book. And if she has asked I would have given up everything and followed her. Thank god she didn't ask.

Next day had lecture on Hinduism. Old Swami-ji touched his foot too but mainly coz I felt sorry for him. A dinosaur among modernity. Once he was a giant. The course is getting to be quite intense. We carry on with Yoga. I have been getting the lancastrians hooked up with the priests. Bit like a teenage disco. And the priests eat together like sardines or starlings. But enough have made contacts. Some of the Lancastrians are into spirituality and getting as much as they can in the pace of India. A lot of the gels are into shopping, travelling and not getting ripped off by taxi drivers. As the liberation priest Arputham put it to me, Dezie it's a process they are young, we each travel from where we are at our own. I like him.

Gotta head back. Got Bhiku Anand next he sounds like the real mccoy. In the Kwai Chang Kane sense. But let's see.

No comments:

Post a Comment