Monday, August 3, 2009

Not bad

Just finished the first day with the Lancastrians. They grow on me. Rachel (seems a bit young to be at University still has adolescent spots but very pretty or will be once she grows) a fan of little therese, so she is like my daughter ok not like my daughter but we have a mutual friend or is she a friend in common. And she found her own way to the Qurbana in English at St Thomas' my kind of gel or what.

Yoga was really quite like Tai Chi. Slow gentle relaxing. Embarrassing coz I hate the idea of going to India and studying yoga with a yoga guru. But there you go it was very relaxing I'll have more of that. The first lecture put Indian traditions in context. First time I've had someone go through the spiritual/philosophical/religious history from RigVedas to present with such simplicity.

It really has begun to be both relaxing and with little time to fret. I miss my mother. I look forward to the future. England was a past. Time to move on. Oliver from Lancaster I like too. Very earnest doing two dissertations possibly one on dalit theology the other an anthropological study of the dharmaram. Now that will be interesting. And very much into India.

Basically these are nice people right now. If I was young they'd make good companions possibly. Not materialistic, but down to earth, simple wisdom of the unpretentious. They are growing on me and the beauty is they are only here for three weeks. And since I have my own routine as a semisanyasin wise man of the forest I can't see us falling out in any real way.

Plus I don't tink I'd go for Kshetram as a Temple. I think it's more of a battlefield. As in the Kurukshetram which I think is near the Taj Mahal where the Gita is based. The battlefield of Wisdom in the garden of action. And I haven't even begun learning Sanskrit. There is much scope for pretentiousness in the learning of letters.

No comments:

Post a Comment