Saturday, August 1, 2009

So tomorrow it begins

Lancastrians aren't too bad. Sweet and young. Going to be schoolteachers. Some are earnest. And some are young. At the orientation Fr Jose was as scary as I have seen him. I hadn't realized they were serious about the attack dogs being let out after 10.30 doors locked and nobody inside with a key. I tend to go to bed by 9 and read for an hour. But to be fair all he said to them was for the girls (as he affectionately addressed them) to be in bed by 9.30 (not quite or come home but if they were not in the hostel by 9.30pm to stay where they are till morning). And the typical first year questions on the FIRE course a way of participant observation in the rituals of other faiths to increase empathy and assist in our living together peaceable, will we be examined on this.

As for me not going according to plan. I had hoped to maintain my Mary Wrigglesworth deep cover just doing my knitting while occasionally looking up to smile. But I think I have already got a reputation as a trouble maker. Last night there was a forum advertised at the DVK, the CMI general vicar general various provincials open discussion on global future of the Order. After the discussion they throw it open to the floor. So all the seminarians have to attend and it was optional for PG group. I turn up and am welcomed but then Jose turns up and says no I don't think there is any cultural programme today. Basically it's like a UN or G20 conference. You don't actually look at new policies there. It's more a celebration. So a good question from the floor would be something like could you tell us more about your experiences while a PP in america. Anything really that enables another anecdote from the PP's experiences in america. What they don't want is questions or suggestions how to increase scholarships from SC and ST groups or mention of the recent Women's Court on Dowry and associated crimes of violence against women. At the same time there are always a few priests who moan but no one ever says anything real all they do is congratulate each other did you notice how no one mentions the Women's Court on yada yada.

But he did agree to get me a library card on Monday so I can't complain. Though I shall email Pune about their MA in Indian Spirituality to start June 2010 get to travel to Varnasi and Kottayam, just in case.

And for me I don't get why TVU are now offering me a refund of my fees. They still haven't lifted the suspension. And I don't get why they expect me to sign a gagging order. I've appealed to the OIAHE being a government QUANGO they operate under a full disclosure open and transparent protocols. Anyway I am gonna go hell for leather with the 3 week experience starting Monday and if nothing else find out where the Train Station is and book my ticket to Pondicherry. I am having difficulty with Sri Aurobindo's Light Divine, he writes like Plato, very simple style and too wordy. Problem with poet philosophers. But every now and then when you hit a purple passage. Yep I think it's like reading Walden. No point reading for information more for sifting for pearls.

Now to email Pune and rest of the day is for the Gita and Syriac composition (letters and words haven't a clue about grammar)

No comments:

Post a Comment