Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The procedures

Thing is people often mistake procedures as the important thing. The joys the hopes the fears and the sorrows are the same whereever you are, whoever you are. But the procedures I have identified as follows
Once you have worked out that this is what you both want, and how do you work out these things. I have no idea for certain. People do, and there's no saying how or why. The ones that shouldn't work out do the ones that look like shoe ins well behind closed doors when pretences are dropped and we see each others nakedness I have no idea ok so we'll skip that part for now but the next stage in the procedure is termed
The Hinaba
This is more it seems like an invitation to treat accept if you are going to have a Hinaba then the first part will have been tackled so it's already a done deal what we would do from here on would be manage procedures. So the Hinaba would involve representatives of my family given I am an orphan I was sort of hoping well we can get to asking people to travel to war torn civil war states when the Hinaba is closer to being arranged. So for that they visit, nothing too heavy exchange astrology charts and pay the necessary for any adjusting rituals to compensate for imbalances in the chart though if my representative was on the ball they might have pre-paid to have the charts highly compatible already. I hope this doesn't sound cynical but I think it's more romantic to prepay for a compatible chart others might feel differently.

Stage 2
Ok maybe stage one is more important because at the end there is some sort of agreement to proceed I think financial agreements are also set here so that's why you need to have representatives involved someone who will talk turkey sort of like pre-nuptial agreements but not so mercenary. Anyway once the deal is struck stage 2 is the Yathang Thanaga.

This is the formal consent of the affianced parents to the marriage going forward. That's it they give consent.

Stage 3
Now there seems to be some movement happening. This stage is termed the Waroipat Puba for this stage my representatives I think with me bring loads of food, including betel leaves and nuts to the affianced mother's house. And the date of the engagement party is arranged.

Stage 4
The engagement party termed Heijapot or Heijingpot. Everybody meets for this food is exchanged the Brahmin sets terms and conditions this should be two days before the wedding because the next day you get the formal invite to the wedding the day after

Stage 5
The Wedding. Just have to sit still for about four hours (they can condense it to four hours these days) not smiling or changing asana or mudra. How hard can it be.

Something involving a yellow four poster bed but these things are never what they seem.

Stage 6
The Mangani Chakaouba which is five days after the wedding is the feast for the bride's family given by the groom I believe there may be a smaller feast given by the bride's family for which I have less details a few days before.

Ok so I think I have the procedures covered but it is more than likely I have completely misunderstood everything. Oh she gets to wear the rasleela dress the dancers wear and I'll be in a white dhoti and turban kurti thing. Black suits me better but I believe that's more for the hill tribes.

So I guess I'll keep you informed as soon as I know anything for definite.

No comments:

Post a Comment