Monday, February 8, 2010

I is back and badder as ever

Seven years you say. Hmm. Time to recruit more imaginary beings then, ah but are you really recruiting them or only saying you are hmm. The next member of our team, a mirror man, not the tabloid version or the man of la mancha antagonist but similar. Basically we need someone like a feral hound, there to intimidate but not much use if it kicks off. Mirror man can multiply hisself look like a small platoon of troopers and this might dissuade whoever from checking with their superior's to the validity of the signed release form. After all we have a duly signed release form a small donation to the water for tea fund and what looks like a platoon of support workers.

Ok let's Dibs him then next. He may not be free for a few months but as the schedule is now did you say seven years. I'll be 54 if I live that long. Yeah and your point being. Ok great but it might be sooner, yes sooner or later nothing has changed in that respect, sooner later never or forever. Pick one.

Then I'll dibs sooner. Good call.

The Syriac studies is going rather well. I have another session with Fr Thomas 2.00pm he is not only regular but one of the nicest teachers here. Even Serge has noticed and he never says anything nice about India or Indians. He really is both charming very educated, very knowledgeable a polyglot and really generous in spirit. Always complimentary a very helpful teacher. All the others seem intent on letting me know how clever they are and showing how rude they can be. So I like to prepare properly for his class. And I could always prepare better. Forgot at the end of last session on the sole letter we have from Jesus to Abgar a minor king of modern Urfar (Edessa) he digressed on the Mandylion. Hey what's not to like about the guy.

The little book of short stories will I hope be mine only for another week. Once I get my letter from Jose of DVK then I owe him a letter and I'll pop in a cheque for 1k rupees and his being shrewd and everything I am sure he will take it as at least his due. But for now I have cracked the layout of the book. The vocab is in West Syriac script even for the East Syriac and not all the translations are there. Nor all the vocab but it's definitely got a system to it. I'll make the most of it. Not a book to dwell upon it's far better to have a deadline.

And the hymn of the pearl is not to be forgotten. About to tackle line 65. Which means only 41 lines to go, and about a month of days to do them in. Two lines a day would be enough but I must be regular. Be good to finish these three projects then oh.

I discovered some local ex canadian who does tours of the North East mainly Assam but he ventures. I think he is my contact for a Manipur visit. He has these recommendations on site which say how wonderful he and his family are. To balance he has added an experience of foreigners the like of whom I am familiar with. They say he is a slimy indian even if he is from Canada all he wanted was money, they will give him what they agreed reluctantly and all sorts.

Embarrassing. His version is he was down to 600 rupeees a day wages something like that because he ended up making donations to the guides and paying for petrol and stuff because even at cost price these journos were complaining. But that's what foreigners are like here. They complain that everything is dirt cheap low quality and that they are being ripped off for another 27pence by some greedy local.

I may not be a fcuking indian but I ain't no fcuking foreigner. I am a Zanzibarbarian, and if you will believe non-human I'll settle for that. I hope he replies just wanted to make initial contact with the guy. He sounds ok.

Another parcel I is sending off today. I'll just send them when I get them packed no particular time frame. And Fr Jacob says funds transfer at the bank is easiest as we are at the same branch. Once I have a letter saying I have paid my fees I'll start the process for the student visa. Hey I know no one reads this stuff that's not the point, have you never read the story of the Grovelhog or Cupid and Psyche or probably even me and the nurse. Siblings always get together and gossip and say of course we are happy for you that's not the thing, but how much do you know of this guy and why won't he let you see his nakedness. Has he got something that other men don't got, but there is no way around the poison, you just have to realize that it all works out in the end. At least if there is poison you know things are going to plan, if there is no poison we will be in unchartered waters gentlemen, perhaps we should recruit that mermaid/siren being and the earplugs. Are you sure it's safe. Safe if we went safe we shouldn't stand a chance. Recruit her. That's four picked two more and we oh yeah still 7 years -1 day to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment