Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today

So the Deccan Chronicle which I used to read avidly back in Andhra came out with an article today entitled Oh Manipur and it was sort of upbeat suggesting now things had reached the turning point and AF(SP)A might as well be repealed which means she will be free, and the timescale it slipped in at the end was three to four years with benign direct Presidential rule and elections to follow. I dunno. It was hopeful though. About AF(SP)A that was a godalmighty failure. It doesn't make sense as a law. It's an emergency provision that has lasted over fifty years and applies only to the north eastern states, ah why talk as if this is a rational thing.

Hey first time I read it I was really hopeful. So choose Hope then. I tried writing a poem then I realized I could only write poetry when I didn't mind writing bad awful poetry and then just needed to get things to rhyme or sound sweetish. Now with age and an understanding of what good poetry sort of looks like, it's feel well I have lost the bravado of embarrassing myself. I don't think I am at the stage of writing doggerel again. Maybe I should hmm. Nope can't see a way around this one.

Oh Serge Valentinovitch left for the airport just now. A small gathering was outside to send him off. He decided to sit in the back of a taxi I guess people still do that. It is very Serge Valentinovitch. Even if it were a handsome cab most of us would prefer to sit up front with the driver on shotgun. But it is very Serge.

Now at least I may watch films as I please. I have the Messenger with Woody Harelson and one with Nick Cage that is highly recommended, Adaptation. Ah strange films after syriac studies is what i need. Pity about the not being able to write decent poetry but it's better to know your limitations it then helps focus on what I can do. Ok maybe not what I can do still working out pretty much the things I am not really able to do but haven't quite realized yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment