Thursday, February 11, 2010

Shopping

I dunno all I wanted was some balloons, yeah to go with the hats, the paper hats, and some party poppers but in the end settled for balloons. And so while the guy is counting them out 2 rupee a balloon I could have gone for the 1 rupee balloons but hey I am a big spender what can I tell you and he is offering me two free ones and says but look around. So in the end.

Well I got a huge birthday card and a duck un pelouche not a real one though they eat ducks up north though not her she is into Ahimsa in a big way. And I saw another statue of Govinda and Radha maybe it's common but I saw it and it wasn't that big or heavy. So another parcel sent off.

I like the line from Adaptation, my love is my love, whether it's laughed at rejected, my love blows where it listeth and changeth me and giveth me a lithp. W H Auden said the same more negatively that love poetry is narcissistic. And heck since I get to choose I shall project confidence not fear. What use is fear to me Drill Sergeant get me some more confidence.

Hey you know the odd thing about Manipur, they extended AF(SP)A to the local police commandos so do you know how they recruit the local police commandos. You pay 5 lac rupees to be a riflement rising to 15 lac rupees to be a sub-inspector. Then having doshed out all that money. Although the supreme commander of the cops admitted to 20% bad eggs who needed to be retrained.

They have this odd system because the insurgents charge last time I heard a 38% tax (why 38 why not 40 are they just innumerate or is it some kind of significant number to do with the fibonacci series) on all new projects so if a militant group only taxes Instutions and leaves shop keepers and ordinary traders untaxed by them they are regarded as real Robin Hood and brotherhood of the black arrow types. Oh there might be a problem if she insists we don't pay people off, well it seems to annoy them and it's nothing personal but if they make an exception for us, perhaps I could go behind her back nope she'd find out, ok let's not worry about dealing with insurgents the Manipur mafia and all the other daily problems of Manipur, sufficient indeed are the evils of the day. Tell me about it.

So I got another parcel wrapped up. Sent some poetic thoughts then sent a postscript for the lack of poeticness of my thoughts, hey I am a westerner my love is my love as Whitney so eloquently sang it.

Oh managed about half the Aphrahat it seems to impress the second years that I can translate that well, and it was a good idea coz Fr Thomas wants a break tomorrow so next class Monday and if I had cancelled he'd have still wanted his break and this way I keep the momentum going. And I am well placed to crack on during the weekend. Ramsho prayers soon, I have some light films to watch. Maybe I'll try make Sapro prayer and Qurbono tomorrow then off to the postie and then I can catch a nap before hitting the books. I feel good again and Jose replied and I think he might try at least to get my letter sent to me he seems sympathetic. I feel good dadaddadada da

No comments:

Post a Comment