Thursday, February 18, 2010

St Nino

So had the 37th one day seminar at SEERI they are quite informal affairs. This one by the Georgian lecturer on Assyrian Christianity in Georgia and St Ephrem. Loads of interesting stuff too many factoids, she hunched up and read through her notes basically knuckle down and keep going, then one slide show and some films. Too long perhaps. But after the first hour we got some tea and I managed to stay awake.

Who knew from the kingdom of Colchis the golden fleece and the robe of Christ, to Sebastopol and St Nino Equal to the Apostles very popular name for gels to this day. A legend she replied when I asked about her. Either a slave gel or a relative of St George and daughter the Patriarch of Jerusalem the one from the following century.

The men dance on pointe. There was a feast of a meal afterwards though now it is teatime and I am hungry again. Oh Jose responded I am sorry I have bad news. I am not going to see my letter. He was a bit vague why. They lose mail over Xmas not many staff around and the brother in charge says if I had got something he would have remembered and he doesn't recall. He still suggests we can stay friends keep in touch but I don't want to be rude just thanked him for doing his best and left it there. Hope he takes the hint because I don't want to be rude to the man. It never helps really.

Struggling through the Barhebraeus and Richard/Salah el din. Hey this is my kind of story I must knuckle down but it really is very hot these days. I need to find something thinner to wear.

No comments:

Post a Comment