Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Two weeks to go

I should really get ready to go. I don't think I have much to do. Just have to make sure all the paperwork for my visa is with me. Plus all the tickets. I have to get to Bangalore then return to Nepal then off to London but once I leave I don't return till I get my visa. Course starts 6 April so won't have much time to mess around in London.

Plus I'll need to pack a small bag for my travels with some clothes and one Syriac textbook for peeking at. I can get some travel clothes when I arrive and in London I think John the Just kept some of my warmer clothes so I'll visit him too.

One important person or something like that to hassle each week. Then I can write to her send her something small. She doesn't want things but I doubt I can corrupt her with the complete works of Lewis Carroll and a little red kurta and I shouldnt' want to.

So life is simple just have to wait and pray. As I said once in a non-mystic sense when on a weekend course it's like a holiday for me no one is going to ask me to clean the toilets or check the guttering or move 150 chairs to another location and back, and with no lauds little hours vespers and compline, without prayers it's a long day. So I'll say little prayers for her.

Oh and they just hit the 300 on the petition. Pretty soon we'll be up to Platoon strength. I'll write to David Steel next week. He is a patron of the Burma something which is just next door to Manipur and I'll remind him that he had a meal once made by my mother and he summoned the Tanzanian Ambassador when my Uncle Wolf was detained, it was a long time ago and I haven't contacted him since and although I know God is in charge and mengaoubee is doing all that needs to be done, hey did you know the ninth avatar of Durga is also called the Fair one, but ah I want to do something other than stand wait and pray. Even though it might create more of a mess. Perhaps I need to find beads or some way of focussing.

She is right though about predictions, the demons use it to feed your fears and doubts. Better to trust in God and wait and pray. I should finish the St Ephraim in praise of Bishop Abraham but I have time. I'll write to her and get her something small from Deepika books. I have to tell her something.

No comments:

Post a Comment