Thursday, January 7, 2010

Almost Set

I dunno maybe I had given the deposit as some kind of donation but it's not much either way and I now have a letter from SEERI to get my visa. Tomorrow I will pay the accommodation and certificate course fee which is 12,160 rupees, which I think is around 150 pounds for three months which is very reasonable. Then it's 86k rupees per year. I might have to pay another 12160 before that or maybe not but in total in won't be more than that or I can't see any other hidden charges. Also got a quick lesson on the alphabet. Oh also Alex sorted out the Vuze. Very logical and yet quite sweet. So by a process of elimination he worked out it wasn't the toolbars on Firefox so I'll keep those. He has limited download and upload speeds. So things will be slower getting here but I can keep them going all the time. Plus I am on the account with the better reception so it should be fairly continuous. All in all a good day. I think I feel like a meditation far too much activity for me. All I need to do I think is get my transcripts from UCL and maybe a migration letter but I'm not sure how serious they are about that. And knuckle down to some Syriac but since first lesson was on the Alphabet it's not going to be taxing. I had said I had completed Healey but I am easy. Oh yep and tomorrow I shall explore the library. Feel more settled now. At one lac rupees per year max it's about 1250 pounds sterling for full board lodging and tuition so I don't feel ripped off. And they are quite friendly with it all and the broadband is solid. Catcha later.

No comments:

Post a Comment