Sunday, January 10, 2010

Now this is how it's done

I am without trying too hard, trying not to feel too satisfied for therein lies samskara and soon I shall feel unsatisfied again. Fr Dr Jacob after writing a certificate phoned a Manager at the local Catholic Syrian Bank Jose, and then took me by car the 800 metres to the Catholic Syrian Bank where Jose set up my bank account. He had thought sterling at first but I have no sterling so I am getting a rupee account with a cheque book and debit card which is really all I want for now. Once I have the details I will have Rick the Healer send over maybe 3k pounds just to see it works and because that doesn't need a declaration. And having checked out interest rates and chatted to Jose, maybe 20 or 50k for the sterling account. That means to me that I can live here unmolested and outwith recourse to begging for ten years notwithstanding unforeseeable events. And I posted my first letter speedpost to the Registry at UCL. So I can start composing my next letter to Sharmila Chanu. I can so some more Syriac sentences and write some vocab and press ahead with Malayalam I think I am on Day 2 of the 30 Day course. Definitely worth taking the afternoon off from 4.oopm coffee break to watch Avatar.

No comments:

Post a Comment