Friday, January 8, 2010

Planet 51

Ok so this is a really good site for me http://www.nriinformation.com/default.html John the Just found it for me. So if the High Commission in London won't give the two year student visa because that course begins only in August then they should give the six month provisional student visa so I can take the qualifying course which isn't covered by a student visa and then in July I can apply for a student visa outwith returning to London. That's good to know if the High Commission also knows about it, sometimes they don't. And usually with them there is some european temp who knows what will fly and they advise you on the day if you will or won't get.

I have figured out that I can probably qualify for what they call person of indian origin self-declaration as I have some paperwork to back it up if a Bank wanted to take my money. Only problem as Rick found out the really huge rates of interest they advertise are more the wriggly worm to hook you in the holding net and when you are there they drop the rate. So although today I saw a rate of 8.5% now woah boy, yeah but I always found this stuff fun, it's like LOTRO or WoW if I kill ten Goblins might get the scimitar drop and if I exchange that with the High Elf in the forbidden forest he might give me a ring and with the ring. What's the difference. Investing money is just like being a MMORPG geek and full of many similar traps and flaws.

Ploughing through the Syriac. I have decided to do it the old fashioned way. Learn vocab every day. Write lines. Memorize. Which is also like LOTRO. I'll have a go at Malayalam well just learn the script, not so hot with living languages. I think I'll write a letter to Irom Sharmila. There is at least one new Mime play out about her but they say she is fading though she has been that way before. She mustn't give up hope, stay alive they say. That's the thing with hope. I remember that last great battle when I was with this Unicorn and the Seer was saying she felt this was a great day that spirits may fail, and justice be driven from our worlde but not this day for never had a greater assembly of heroes etc and I took her aside and said did you really mean all that and she said nope in less than an hour you'll be dead and that species will become extinct but what we need right now is hope.

So if Wilma has a change of heart and will all the chanting God well maybe God doesn't really know wimin eh, anyway I am minded to accept the teaching of monk younglings in Nepal then when it comes to School hols she could have a more relaxed stay in Bali. But why, why won't she come for a relaxing holiday in Bali. This never happens in the films except halfway through. Oh saw Planet 51 yep standard stuff nice break. A few more lines now just enough time before evening prayer and then dinner and maybe should wind down before sleep.

Evening all.

1 comment:

  1. I always understood the secret with Indian High Commission was to hire a fixer for the day. So much classier than just handing over an adidas bag full of used tenners. But maybe I'm just coming over all post-colonial...

    ReplyDelete