Thursday, January 14, 2010

Syriac and the Rupee

So at Midday price the rupee is climbing steadily to 74.33 which means I now predict it will be 74.6 at close around 6pm tonite. But that's far too fast a climb so I presume it will faff about for a while. So the Something Anton Kiraz from JSOT Sheffield. I think once you have got some grasp of Grammar and Robinsons is really overrated. Just because a book is tedious and collects together loads of irregular verb forms that doesn't make it an excellent grammar for students. Once you have picked up the basic grammar from Healey (Birmingham) Kiraz gives lots and lots of drill practice simple sentences. The Janet and John of Syriac. And then it increases vocabulary though with things like Telephone Desk and Notebooks this is meant for modern Syriac also. He is trying to preserve a living tradition. It would be nice to get to Saint Esprit in Kaslik. Any degree there after two years here. Then I could come back if necessary for the PhD. They are organizing French classes here they want to expand into modern languages. I hope it doesn't get too crowded.

Finally downloaded Deepa Mehta's Fire, this is the controversial one. Earth is the old one. And Water I think is the beautiful one but they tried to ban because they got so offended by Fire. This is India. But we'll see. How offensive can you be. Hindus eh. Worse than Muslims. Although bless the Librarian was warning me of the evils of Islam if I did get to Turkey (haven't got to Nepal yet). Perhaps I should have let him have that one. But there you go I needs must something more. Hey I get the meditation done at least an hour a day sometimes two. Persistence perhaps. Maybe I need to do more.

Fr Jacob is happy with my progress. We are moving on now to noun forms and conjugations. Though it's nice to have feedback. I think I prefer just doing the drills on my own and waiting for it all to come together. Well enough chat I got to level 3 at Yahoo Q&A. And did another review for Amazon. To summarize the last, yes Law Abiding Citizen is a good action film but if you really just want a film to accompany drink and nibbles then perhaps wait five minutes before tucking in and the film will not disappoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment