Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Why Nepal

I'm glad you asked. First broadband here is not slow, I am getting over 40kbs combined download and upload speeds but with four films in the queue it will probably be tomorrow sometime before I gets to see anything. So I tried looking into Bali but couldn't get very far I am not sure how the other students are coping, it will probably slow it down for them too but I am not sure how keen they are on surfing. Anyway saw this WLS volunteer programme. 490 dollars which ends up being 500 quid sterling I don't get the exchange rate any more but thats two weeks board lodging and because you are a volunteer a proper kosher one everyone is nice to you. I am opting for teaching english in a monastery because you can sit in on the meditation and although no one is upset if you sleep in that would be why I chose the monastery. Kopan Monastery is something like twelve dollars a day which ends up being 200 quid sterling. Ah they pick you up at the airport and make sure you get back to the airport. It's hassle enough at my age getting to Bangalore. So they will let me know in two days whether I can proceed, yes I did mention the health problems only because they asked I was a bit concerned about that whole lesbian nurse thing that went awfully wrong but I figure can't go living your life in fear of phantasmagoria, I mean I am a phantasmagoria fighter, what's the point in being afraid or imaginaries hmm. So if they say yes I'll try the debit card for a deposit and then try out the card on purchasing return flights to Bangalore with the 2.5 hr stopover in Delhi and that is a hidden penance, though 2.5 hours to move the 500 metres between terminals might just be enough time given that I am not a VVIP or Bollywood hero and it will make Katmandhu feel like paradise. But now of course the Scooby gel will contact me and say she has reconsidered and of course she'd love to go to Bali with me. Aha by anticipating the event I have with skilful means obviated it, I continue with astral care of her soul, one day you shall be mine, today t'was Qurbono, which is like a Qurbana only with West Syriac vowels.

And Tibetan monks, mountains, Nepal, I can save Bali for when I am more serious about my eternal trek to the south island of NZ. Which reminds me I must write that review for Hellboy 2, (Toro is also directing Gollum in the south island as I write but you knew that).

No comments:

Post a Comment