Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The rupee and leeches and lessons

There was a theory about patterns, things go in predictable leaps a few forward a few back but you can generally work out the direction and when they will turn. Currency speculation can lose you a fortune so who wants to gamble but if you look at the rates for past few days and past few months then my prediction is that the rupee turned from it's current high of 73 to the pound and will return to around 80 rupees in about two weeks which is really convenient for me because Rick the Healer returns from Venezuela at that time so I should be getting a most excellent rate on the first exchange and then pop half in a deposit account at quite high interest.

Yeah people mocked when I used the umbrella for walks in the night for fear of the black things in the night air but I picked up a big leech a few days back. I thought I was getting a scalp problem because of non-washing but it dropped off yesterday I think. The big ones are almost better than the really small ones. Yep and saw a huge cockroach in the bathroom this evening. We share the planet what can I tell you. And I don't have a plan. The roaches were here first.

So Fr Jacob seems keen for another lesson. 9.00pm bit late for me. Hope he doesn't get all excited by my keenness it's a marathon and I tire. Really want to be in bed by 8.30. Oh but managed another 1hr med and then emailed a vipassana centre in Nepal. Bali is not cheap from here. Be cheaper to get a return to London. Unless all prices have risen. That too. But Nepal seems the place. Another vipassana won't get me there but need to do something still. Just let go and do nothing I should be good at that by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment