Thursday, January 7, 2010

J R Desi III

First attempt at obtaining forms for a fixed deposit nri foreign exchange account got a fancy title but something like that. I tried Bank of Baroda as I worked for them once in London. Took a while to get the chappy to understand he seemed far too interested in what I was doing in his country do I look like a Sting operative for the local rag or bent double agent coppers. All very Indian. In the end his colleague suggested whereas I could get an account on a tourist or student visa it would be locked ie in rupees and they would be here to stay. So I figure I'll get an account sorted tomorrow maybe with them. Then stock it with 3k pounds sterling per year as my spending allowance for fun. I'll bring 1500 euro for the fees on my return. And then I'll make inquiries with other banks to see if it's true or not, because John the Just is on a tourist visa and he has a foreign exchange thing going so I just think the Baroda boy wasn't really interested in the extra paperwork. And anyway ING bank next door was offering 2% more pa over five years fixed than Baroda which on 50k investment is an extra 1000 pounds I think but if I calculate that again the figure will change. But is more money for sure. Hey yeah that's 10% over five years which is 5000 pounds more. Where did I get the 1k from. I studied far too much statistical mathematics to do calculations like this. Oh yeah it's compound six monthly so it will be more than that. Oh far too grown up. Anyway I shall email John he is grown up. He will know.

No comments:

Post a Comment