Saturday, January 9, 2010

Sunday is Funday

They have a proper Qurbono morning prayer in Malayalam 9 whole thing finishes by 11. This is the one with the incense and bells and are we under attack no it's a visitation of the Lord. I think I shall refrain from Servile work on Sundays so only Syriac if I am in the mood but mainly reading, eating snacks, no more sugary stuff it draws the ants they aren't so keen on savoury so I am sticking to Chura and gram stuff. 1984 is a jolly good wheeze. Hadn't realized true love waits had got it's idea from the Junior Anti-Sex League. I guess a lot of the terms of Newspeak are current just hadn't realized that's where it began unless of course. And a good read too. For a classic it gets you hooked rather early on and yet doesn't have any real pace. I am not so sure I want to meet anyone in a room where is there no darkness one day sounds a bit like Guantanamo or Abhu Ghraib but that Winston Smith for all his talk is rather naive if you ask me. Tell me something I didn't already know Winston but he tells it well perhaps because of his naievete. Oh and something flighty on a modern Injun man sort of sex in the city for men, not sure if that idea can actually work, and the writing isn't as good, but it's more my level. New man that I am. Might try the superstore after lunch for Chura just to see how Caflick this state really is, can't be that Caflick this is Hindustan some would have us believe, and damn right I am Zanzibarbarian with an EU passport and I have no intention of surrendering that for citizenship that doesn't give you any rights at all. Yesterday's paper some Nepalese woman was deported back to Nepal on National Security grounds in her final year of study though the paper was surmising that her Sikh ex-husband really wanted her back and so it's almost a romantic gesture apart from he'll probably kill her if she rejects him in Nepal. And then some citizen is randomly arrested and detained on the same National Security issue so good news is it really won't hurt me never to become a citizen of this godforsaken secular land. So long as I have money. A case of renting is far more preferable to tenant landowner. Oh that's enough 1984 I am going to read the male chick flick thing and cheer up and lighten up.

No comments:

Post a Comment