Wednesday, January 6, 2010

It looks too quiet Kiptan

Chatted to Fr Jacob, Alex had already suggested he would be laid back. So I can stay till March so all I have to do now is find out prices to Bali and then somewhere to stay for two weeks there. I'll meet with him tomorrow about formalities. How much to pay for the stay here. And to get the letter to apply for a two year student visa. He thinks maybe the PhD in Lebanon. That suits me. First things first once I am on the MA course I have two years here. I don't really want to stay another three years in the same place. I'll be lucky to last two years.

Avatar will take a day or two to download. Had a small problem with the power adaptor but Alex seems to believe that all macs require a stack of books propped up against power adaptors in some stage of the proceedings and I had been doing something similar so it's always good when two people suggest the same thing even if we turn out to be wrong stupid and wrong. Forgot to confirm when morning prayer was I think it was 6.00am I'll aim for 5.30 rise though and take things from there.

The ayurovedic diet seems heavy duty a one week fast on coconut water then a sort of vegan thing. Worth a try once I have settled in. Pretending to be holy is like going camping in the back yard, when Mumsie brings cocoa and bikkies throughout the night and checks that you are still warm and stuff. Yep got a new version of firefox and vuze. I am not sure about Hindi films they don't seem to give comments these Hindis I might try one but might be a waste of download time. I shall look around more perhaps I need a Hindi specific bit torrent site.

Irom Sharmila's health is declining she now speaks very little. I may not get another letter. I'll have to think of bookstore visits or something to send her from Kerala. Whole of the north east going down the toilet though I don't think I like India anymore. But as they say we are in Kerala it doesn't affect us here. Yep all set up. Once I have a few films downloaded and have got myself a rythym I think life should be sweet here for a while. I just have to stay out of passionate conversations and stop accusing people of being fascist morons yes that would probably help ease me in. Oh and I have astral work to do too. Oh and some Syriac now's the time to get serious. Though I am assured I have been serious enough. We shall see.

2 comments:

  1. You must tell me more about exactly where you are at the moment nd also more details on how you are meditating. Oh and French book arrived. Very wonderful. Not sure my francais is up to comprehending much of it but I find it a powerful talisman.
    Happy New Year and all that.
    O

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Satprem is the rupert du chien, they certainly think so at Pondichery, I am convinced there were pages which contained instant moksha or at least an intellectual breakthrough of the imaginings but yep I couldn't fathom all the french and a translation wouldn't help. I am pretty sure the first story is fun and okish. But I have pretensions of taking a PhD in Syriac at Holy Ghost College Mt Lebanon, occassionally still harrassed by the Riff or similar sounds exhilarating and medium of Study French. Not exactly certain where I am, it's up a hill and warmest I've been in India. It's night now and even with the fan on full five I'm not going to suffer any asthma. Now the vipassana meditation is supposedly siddhi proof, so why do it, well I have never really developed any decent siddhis so all I do is sit in the same position sort of cross legged with the heart mudra index finger forms circle with base of thumb thumb tip touches middle and fourth curled over finger tips pinky outstretched. Does wonders for the heart that. Then first few minutes just sense where the breath touches the nose, just the sensation on front of the nose inner, and then for about an hour I just notice the sensations in the body, starting with sections, oh what sensations are in the top left back head for example and then work my way down. And eventually more like a stream till all I sense is sensations continually changing, so the I also is continually changing. It's designed to ram home that everthing changes, there is no body, there is no I, indifferent to all sensations bliss emerges, well take that last on trust I does. This looks like a place though had problems with discipline. But they seem keen on a seven day fast on coconut water just to take part in their ayurovedic sprouting foods vegan diet. A bit of purification can't hurt. And I'll settle in first aiming to end fast on 2nd Feb which i feel is candlemas or should be. And I'll purchase a shiny new blue kurti on that day too. Oh but the trick is not to look forward to anything or to fear or dread anything. I eat or I don't eat. I hunger or I am sated, one becomes the other, it's all a question of observation. I found it interesting in the way it manages pain by observation. Interesting is encouraged with indifference and underlying bliss but all other feelings are vulcanized away. Well as far as so got two films downloading gonna look for some more still no sign of a decent parnassus, great to hear from you mind. I think I shall marry before I am 50 not that I am looking forward to life or anything perish the heresy I am learning to treat every moment indifferently and thus entering into yeah yeah great to hear from you mind hope to see you end of March for tea or something.

    ReplyDelete