Thursday, September 24, 2009

800 8000 I am definitely getting Barbie in her Indian Avatar with Sari after lunch

So at last, yes self-eficacy is the word. All about breaking eggs. If someone doesn't believe he can cook then no matter what courses you send him on he always fails. But you help someone break and egg, mix in some flower, give him a little success, once he believes he can bake a cake, that's self eficacy, then he is a choux chef.

So I remember being 11. I've begun translating short sentences from English to Syriac. The trick is it forces you to recall vocab and simple grammatical constructions it's closer to solving crossword puzzles than conversation. Then as a treat I'll have a crack at the simple Syriac to English sentences. For extra fun I could translate the Syriac into Greek. They started putting that into exam questions please translate the following into English to stop peeps doing things like that just for fun during exams.

I am a Syriac Scholar. I have the Little Prince on Order. I think the man went for the 150 rupee version but it's hard back. I'll pop in the book I have by the Belgian Nun who makes dolls. She signed that one for me I wondered what I'd do with it. I gave my statue of St Benedict to Fr Arputham the miracle man the liberation theologian. Brought back 1kg of halwa for the boys. I think I needed 10kg but they said never more than 3kg. I don't think I shall die today, but you never know. I feel there is something I should say. Never mind. Quick revision of chapter one Healy then maybe have a look at Robinsons. Trick is to keep it fun.

Oh yes Burrggraeve wrote back he would have loved to chat with me yeah yeah, he finds my comments very thought provoking, recommended a book. I wrote back and told him not to let us students eat him alive, and he responded with thanks. He wants to rest but felt he had to offer. It's a bit like courtship during the early days. MeeraBai I think is the poetess previous incarnation. A Rajastan Princess a northerner. But as a local Dalit told me it's not about north and south but about good and evil. Jai ho Jai Bhim. Oh if she ever writes back I shall let y'all know. I need to start calling up some communion of saint favours again. But the thing about the marker once you take back your marker the angel is no longer under bounden duty. Thank god for Prema Bhakti then hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment