Thursday, September 3, 2009

Last day with the Old Man

Four lectures in the morning and one in the afternoon. Then that's it till next year if I am back. I found a really readable book on Nicholas of Cusa though which makes up for the Duns Scotus. It might be interesting to read a few lines in Scotus Latin, the guy is very precise ordered. But be even nicer to find a readable intro to his thought, precursor of Ockham, precursor to the Counter-Tomist thingamebob, apparently.

So had the first spiritual direction with yer man. I didn't cry at all which for me is progress. Having listened he seemed to ignore all the oh the shame the ingnominy, the infamy the infamy they've all got it in for me, and went with, if you are serious about a widow you have to see things from their point of view and insisting that they live the life of Gandhi-ji's wife is probably not going to get you very far considering anyone who wanted a life like that would probably opt for a convent have you not thought more about religious life me son. I countered with I think monastic life will probably suit me more than any active religious life, for when you are pressed upon by superior forces always charge, it confuses them.

That and he suggested take things easy for a year, he tends to attract orphans and widows, he has someone in mind if I could see my way clear to getting a job and possibly allowing her more than three saris for the rest of her life. Now you and I know I am not serious about the whole three sari thing, once they figure out that I don't say No and mean it there is that whole scarcity of resources unlimited need thing that the Buddha tried to sort out with the eightfold, they really like the number 8 here.

Oh and he said I could almost publish that essay if I worked it up a bit, which is I think an Indian way of saying he liked it. Good narrative style but not really academic, Hell yeah.

I want to live in a world where people fear the raising of Tapa more than a Trust Court Writ. I worked only at a low level at a magistrates court for seven months, but that was enough to rid me of any residual respect fear or awe for the Law Courts. I guess that is why people don't fear the raising of Tapa, they live among spiritual holy men and women. Ne'er mind, I shall continue to raise the Tapa, tread the grapes of wrath, as my GP would say if I mentioned Tai Chi or any alternative health remedy, by all means go ahead it won't do any harm.

And then to prepare some more Telugu. If I can learn enough to get by at a bus stand and read Bus notices I'll be confident enough to turn up Oct 4 at the Ashram. Fr Jose will get me to Kazipet which can't be more than a few hours away from Nellikuduru and if I am lucky it isn't far away at all. Oh and he added he will get one of the many lawyers of the priests at DVK to fish out a local shyster who can handle my OCI for me. Now that would be a result. At least they'd understand the whole bribery system and will definitely get me the ting.

And I could well be married to a youngish widow with I get the feeling at least one child possibly a Shamanic childe, they might be a little more twubble but I do like a Shamanic childe and if it's a gel childe, she may always stay at home, and well that's not such a bad life, take it from one who knows. And in twenty years I shall have perfected the Tai Chi Form so I can make us all invisible if twubble comes close.

No news about Gitanjali and the Syriac Grammar but tomorrow I intend to purchase that blue/black Kurti with a tub of Padam Soam halwa the yellow kind with the cardamum. Best head off for that day with the old man then.

No comments:

Post a Comment