Friday, September 11, 2009

The real secret knowledge behind the name of the Rose

As every schoolboy knows, if you were to discover an ancient handcopied manuscript purporting to be Aristotle's second book of the Poetics on Comedy the first being his seminal work on Tragedy oh who can forget the exquisite terse beauty of the three dramatic unities, is that you would not keep tittering as you earnestly turned the pages not noticing your blackened thumbs and blackened tongues. The key to it's being a genuine copy is that it would be incredibly boring. If you ask me the real reason the handsome young novice traded unnatural embraces with the bald fat monk is coz he was into that sort of thing.

Damn Damn Damn and blast, Damn your eyes. So I had worked out a meta narrative theory on how given that there is no extant copy of Syriac Grammar (English Medium) then the Librarian of Dharmaram Seminary could not be holding one in his hand and merely waiting upon the photocopier repair man to alight so he could dash off a copy for me. All set I was to prepare to offer unnatural embraces in return for a secret meeting where I would be handed an invisible key to the Aedificarium only it would be in Syriac so probably has Raza in it oh I don't know details details, stay with me.

Occam's razor why multiply the Ents. He went for the broken photocopier to buy time because he doesn't have a Syriac Grammar, and it's frankly a stupid and unreasonable request obviously from some kind of nerdy trouble maker why on earth would anyone need a Syriac Grammar there are no pictures in it for starters.

Now I received an email just this minute from Fr Jose saying he has in his hand a Syriac Grammar there are several available and please to visit his room just telephone 6123 or whatever his extension is first to make sure he is there and I can pick it up.

Pick it up. Pick up a Syriac Grammar. Now what in the hell am I supposed to do with a Syriac Grammar. Does the man not understand my existence precedes my essence, oh expert on continental philosophy is he. Killjoy if you ask me. Well I'll show him. I shall visit his room this very day and pick up that Syriac Grammar and for the rest of term whenever he asks how are you getting along with the Syriac Grammar I shall while looking very distracted mumble oh struggling just a bit of a dither on some irregular verbs and haven't quite got the hang of the genitive absolute before he dashes off saying oh good very gooood.

1 comment:

  1. do you want to study in abroad today or in the next intake. we are the best and top rated study abroad consultancies in india with good visa assurance.
    overseas education consultants in ameerpet
    we help you in filing the f1 visa for you in very less time. we are also help you with information needed to apply for the college university.

    ReplyDelete