Monday, September 7, 2009

its worse than we thought Jim

Can't blame my peers. Nobody knowns notin. I attended the morning session. The Department Head introduced him. Then he let him know that he was losing one of the five days because it was a holiday and part of one day because it was an exam day. And all the afternoons because they had Christ University courses to attend. When someone mentioned Wednesday he said but you don't have that many classes now as it is. In addition Teach wants one of the four morning lectures to be a practical, and one is a eucharist. I am not sure if I'll bother attending the first session at 6.00am. I'd have to walk to the nuns hostel. And if they can't be that bothered. The morning session was Yoga Nidra which is not sleeping but very much like it. He doesn't seem that interested in the yamas which is how the other teach started his Yoga classes so they work together. He believes the physical purification works just as well and is necessary before the spiritual. But he doesn't seem to mean just Hatha Yoga the stuff we used to get in the west involving women in leotards though apparently now everyone who does Yoga is also a guru sexologist and mystic master so god knows what they teach people in the west. It was my small complaint. A people don't learn yoga, individuals do, and usually for large amounts of money to avoid meeting poor people. But maybe that's just my new thing.

Oh and the Christ's University session with young mistress Gilda whom I know from Bible Study. Ok thing is she is a very attractive young thing. Now call me sexist. But her colleague patronising arrogant lil wanker. Problem seems to be that they have allocated two hour sessions to assessment following some kickass medical model. Three sections for assessment of students. And that is what they are learning how to pass assessments. It may be a perennial omnipresent complaint but I know this stuff and I was frustrated for everyone. Even the arrogant patronising guy was responding that way because he didn't have the option to provide extra hours or more explanation. Basically he told the gang he wanted assessments of random clients not each other by Wednesday you know how it's done. Apart from half the class didn't attend the previous session. They don't know how it's done. Most people learn this stuff by making mistakes and getting feedback from their first half dozen clients. So they ended up with a quick review and young mistress Gilda reading out sections from an introductory book in Psychiatriac Assessment. My god those trick cyclists like big words. Verbigeration. Then she mentioned neologism, the only time I spoke I said it's when you make up words like verbigeration. But she accepted when you make up new words. That and why is she asking people to check for katatonic schizophrenia, echopraxis or depersonalisation which apparently meant believing you are outside your body. Sometimes she wasn't quite accurate on her terms but I was sitting this one out as they didn't have time. Psychosomatic she went for how stress can make you run down and you can catch a cold. I would have gone for the nervous cough thing when you have something you need to say but I am not that hot on psychiatric terms. I know how to do assessments mind because if you work in England in mental health or related areas that's all you really do. And usually to a target.

Good news is if I do the course next year I could pass without much effort. Some of the stuff is interesting and some is just shovelling snow for marks. I applied to SEERI for their summer course in Syriac. 3 months to figure out whether I like Kottayam. Plus if I get my OCI before then I hope Jose comes through with a Shyster, then I won't even have to return I was going to say Home but I mean to Blightey.

And poysonally the best way to get a suitable widow from Jose in Bangalore is to spend a few months in Kottayam. It's like playing hard to get only with basic Syriac grammar and simple manuscripts from the patristic period. I should try work a bit more on that second assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment