Friday, September 11, 2009

John the Just

Hmm now he may have a point when he says I enjoy irritating peeps. But all the same I have no idea what has got young Mistress Mitchell into such a state. The main thing I took away from her email, perhaps, was her retort. We are not your adversaries. Sri Aurobindo picks up formal logic and runs with the ball. Unlike most Indian mystics who do something surreal with it. The standard problem with the law of Contradiction is that its mere tautology. If you try to use the law to say anything you can't. So in the statement if it A is true then Not A is false doesn't work if you try to make it mean if A is Black then not A is White because it might be green. Hence MM wasn't suggesting she wants to be my friend. What was interesting in ploughing through Aurobindo and then reference works on Aurobindo is a quote that, God is not a sceptic Logician intent on denying the validity of all other propositions, he is pure being life giving and generous and is not diminished by the existence of contingent or finite beings rather it is his nature to create and pass on Being. Something like that. I think he may be on to something.

This evening I may meet Fr Jose after evening prayer. If John the Just is insightful and he just may be the best outcome is for him to suggest that he will work on getting me further along the path of seeking a Syriac Grammar and do all things that stop short of getting me one, the worst case scenario is he is there with a usable readable Syriac Grammar in his hand. The same applies for my visit to SEERI.

When one is a middle age man with a growing pot belly it's not easy to flirt, but I am sure there is a beautiful loving widow who will want to iron my kurtis and will see through the tragic pathos to the sadness of the wordless poet, and if she can make pastries.

Still pressing on with the ardha padma asana and the Tai Chi Chuan see you all on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment