Thursday, September 10, 2009

Yoga

I dont recall ever being able to get into the full lotus. I think I used to be able to manage the Sukom Asana, the comfortable position. Obviously the point of Yoga is not whether you can get into the Lotus, although they say in the West because of the grossness of the material body, Hatha is emphasized more so maybe it is the point, but I seek Samadhi, the beatific vision, once I have raised the Kundalini Shakti up me Shushumna and the light of enlightenment has blazed if only for a moment I feel I shall be changed, by the Grace of the beloved I shall remain in a perpetual state of Samadhi possibly giving of a slight luminescent glow visible only to the wise. But for now the odd thing is I seem to be able both to get into the half lotus, and have realized it is far easier to acquire a steady base in either lotus or half lotus than in the comfortable asana and now I have been taught the heart mudra. Index finger tucks into base of thumb forming a circle and directing prana back into the body middle and ring finger tips touch thumb tip pinky points away like you are having tea with Queen Victoria. Which strengthens the heart chakra and therefore the heart. Yep now in that position yer basic kundalini Shakti rising is almost automatic, plan is to stick with the japa I already know maranatha. One session every morning and one every night. How hard can it be. I am sure if I asked a Guru is the approach of Samadhi sometimes experienced as an on-coming stress fracture he'd just say you are doing something terribly unnatural but then that's what the Guru told Sri Aurobindo when he first discovered the essential truths of the logic of Infinity and his revised Advaita system. All the same no more than five minutes with alternating legs in the lotus at a time. And no sudden movements after the meditation.

I nearly became quite tearful over not being able to get a Syriac Grammar. I think even if you are close to Samadhi there's no cigar. The text book I had been hunting has been lost for sometime. Simple solution is to ask Fr Jose to get one of the three experts they have at DVK why do you wish to go to Kottayam SEERI my son, we have experts here, and get them to sell or lend me a Syriac Grammar else I shall take up SEERI's offer to visit them for a few days get some one to one tuition and purchase the text books they have. I could also bring some back for the libraries here.

I don't think they particularly appreciate the Western predeliction for problem solving here, and it will be the major block to my Samadhi experience, that or a Stress fracture. Just the ankles mind, my hips are like that Brazilian woman who first came to fame singing about stampeding horses in buckskin jeans and backless frontless top. I don't think I'll study Sex and Family Therapy with the second years next week. I don't think it's a good idea for me to join the first years in their Group Counselling Practicum either. But a quick visit to Kottayam SEERI. Could be just the tonic.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't Rudy Steiner or some such suggest that us westerners live so much in the head anyway we should actually be pulling energy down from the top into the heart chakra rather than pulling it up from below as it would only inflate our already gigantic egos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am pretty much certain I am not doing it right but if the rednosed Steiner is to be believed that may be just the ticket. After all the research on the logic of infinitude, and Sri Aurobindo's restatement of advaita that does not deny either the material/immanent or the transcendent eternal. What the first exercise amounts to is rotating the breath up and down from the Muladhara to the Sashasraha (if i spelt that wrong I'll just claim I am using the Pali not the Sanskrit and my own dynamic transliteration method) Qabalah for idjits outwith the colour and just one size fits all mantra. The other meditation which is the gwown up one is far more something you feel for the Grandmaster would approve but for he did not first tell us of it. But it's pretty standard too, watch notice to increase awareness here and now, awareness of consciousness, until the silence within notices you and badaboom badabing you have Samadhi, the beatific vision, thank you for playing, go forth and do ya thing. Oh that and I realized I haven't managed the ardha padma asana. I am still in Sukom the comfortable position which isn't comfortable after ten minutes I can tell you. But I can see the half lotus from here in the way Moses could see the promised land. But if I do get the whole Yoga thing I'll be able to develop true heat in my tapa and have wyrd siddhis, what would you like me old mucker, anything name it once I have the tapa unless it messes with your desire and you cease to desire anything there is always a catch 22 to these siddhis. Yes but no but Yes I goes up with the breath I goes down, sometimes I linger sometimes i get distracted, but for the past week I have been turning up, reporting for dooty and yet still no sign of a widow or a syriac grammar, but the OCI solicitor has been contacted telephonically I wonder if she is a widow with a Syriac Library.

    ReplyDelete