Wednesday, September 30, 2009

St Therese the Little

A day of gifts for us whom she loves. Restoring friendship showing love cannot really end that's a good gift. Type II diabetes early signs of, have to work on that one. Denial is odd. I decided I would change my diet no more sugar sweet things etc. So I end up with six lightly buttered toasts on my coconut idli type powder thing, with curried beans and egg and lashings of tea. One of the nicer priests, Fr Johnson asked me if I was building something. After two toasts I was really full. So all I had to do was let my mind wander and lo I had almost finished the lot by the time I looked back down. Oh and I had one Indian sweet but that was for St Therese the Little's feast day. Ok not a great start. I think I'll try the ayurovedic medicine shop. That and some aspirin. And worse case even if it is type II diabetes I have some myth in my head that it takes twenty years to kill you untreated and when it gets obvious someone more grown up steps in.

Cold is slowing me down. I should really master the perfect tense. It's all very well being able to read but if you can't parse a sentence with certainty well that's not playing the game. After the perfect tense I should get a hang of declining the pronoun. But I am sure that reenforces the perfect tense.

I read in passing that glamour models are marching topless to something for our boys abroad. Now I know that will get many more hits than the Maira Paibli naked dignified protest against the gang rape and murder of yep that's it. Dignified. If the glamour models had gone for a dignified march then well it would no longer have any glamour and I should not be intrigued though intrigued is not the word. It's simple biology. We have a limited supply of blood for our body, when we eat more goes to digestion if we exercise aggressively we will throw up. When we have an erection it is not a good idea to try to think or reason either during or immediately after. This is scientific and once the science has been explained it makes perfect sense and not in a pre-feminist post-ironic Madonna is a Womanist trailblazer, and girl power exploits the exploiters way just oh that's it.

So I am pretty sure St Therese loves me and has given me many flowers over the years and their scents. I think it has something to do with my inventing a time machine travelling back to see her and only lifting her very gently tiny thing that she is from the carriage onto the platform I was only trying to help the Saint and then she gave me that look, and I thought success let's get out of here come back destroy the time machine and erase it from history lest some by some misguided attempt at goodness intervening evil prevails. Well yes so she will assist with Irom Sharmila Chanu but given her life and witness not sure if that's entirely the blessing I was after and this is the thing.

I am going to have to check out the topless glamour models marching on behalf of our boys in Afghanistan. I know they aren't marching on behalf of our boys in Afghanistan. I know they could be marching for better cat food. But why then. Because that's the thing with glamour, it's like sugar. I don't really ever want sugary things, I want something like that but that is filling and satisfying instead of cloying. I will have to analyze it more. Plus it made top ten news on Indian Yahoo under the Tsunami and the boat tragedy.

Two days ago the Shopian murder post mortem made news with the headline, one of the victims a virgin. Now that is the headline, it satisfies both the glamorous prurient interest, and for the more serious news reader suggests that they found no DNA of any soldiers to implicate. I suggested to Smt Sonia Gandhi in the letter I am sending off today that perhaps in the final report they will suggest that the women weren't murdered but are still alive.

That would be virgin on the ridiculous. I hope Sonia comes through and does inquire after the health of Sharmila Chanu. I shall withdraw now sub specie aeternitatis. Though I have a mission for the Canon Lawyers here. Just need to find one who is up for it and identify an appropriate chai panni for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment