Sunday, November 29, 2009

Aurobindo & Irom

What I hadn't realized is I know just a few sides of Aurobindo. Aurobindoesque means vague ish. There was a full blown occult dion fortune escapade side to the pair (him and the mother). She would travel astrally and foil Hitler's plans (got him to invade Russia by masquerading as the Lord of the Nations who was advising him) she never explains though after getting Adolf to agree to invade she meets the Lord of the Nations on the way out and he knows she has done this and he gets annoyed as you would messing with his protege like that, but he doesn't tell Adolf to ignore what he just said to him and maybe invade England or don't bomb the cities continue with the destruction of airfields and with the RAF out of the way the invasion will be a lot easier, he just says well I am going to make things really bad for you forces of good even though I know I must fail, well that's sort of good to know, the bad guys know they are going to lose, except they seem a bit spiteful and petty with it, in that case they just plan on pissing in the soup and taking bites out of our specially made french toast before dropping them into our laps because for now it's their breakfast. Well that's hardly very civilized.

So I have google alerts on Irom. Not sure how helpful they are. Was informed yesterday that she appeared before the deputy chief magistrate of Imphal and was remanded for a further 15 days in custody. Sorry what is that about, she has been on remand I guess for 9 years. I am sure for technical reasons you can't say we are going to lock you up indefinitely on spurious charges but does it really make it legal if you do it for 15 days and other determinate periods, periods to run consecutively. They think they are behaving legally.

That really used to piss me off about Canon Law. If we are going to lock her up, then what we do is we take the habeas corpus, human rights stuff and we lock that up first and say it doesn't apply. Then we can do what we like and it's so much simpler. Same with the double effect. Now I can see it makes sense but there comes a point when people start taking the piss. They are no longer trying to end the pain or provide ease or support, they are no longer seeking a long term cure. And then I say stop writhing around tying yourself up in silly knots and worrying about this precedent and that, you want this guy dead, give me the gun and one bullet. I'll sort it for you.

I grow fonder of Aurobindo. It's not going to be easy. We don't really want to be supramentalized. I am pretty sure what I really want are sweets that do not give me indigestion and a companion who loves me, I think the right kind of dog would work for me, something with the irrestible beauty of a cocker spaniel, the don't mess with us mien of a Wolf and the size of not an elephant maybe I dunno nothing too big maybe 60 lbs, and something reasonably intelligent. Or a woman but I've never really had much luck with women though the dog I kept she was the best companion I had ever known.

Anyway I posted her three more books. I sometimes worry perhaps I am spoiling her by sending her books. Oh also heard she turned down the latest award she was offered, what would she do with money she has said she wants AF(SP)A repealed. So I figure not sure I could ever spoil this one. My favourite postie was on dooty at the po. 302 rupees now that's a proper price for a registered parcel. He keeps suggesting speed post it would still get signed. But 302 is good. I had exact change.

Oh yeah had to mention gave me a giggle apparently outside the magistrates in response to questions from the press she said all the politicians do is get elected and then make loads of money no wonder they keep locking her up. There is something about the whole John the Baptist thing mind, even if you are a politician you lock her up and then come visit because you are fascinated by her.

Oh yeah and we are in the week of weeks of Annunciation so no chicken or fish. We have a week of such seasons making a liturgical year. Bit like heroin users taking a heroin holiday so they can get a better high for xmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment