Saturday, November 14, 2009

Indian Pigeons

I am sure we were told back in primary that one must never disturb a nest for the mother will not return. In India we come to an accommodation. It gets quite cold at night so God knows how they incubated the thing I think there is only one but it don't half make a racket when it thinks it's gonna be fed. Now they return from time to time, the sound of the Qol d' Tor in Syriac returns. If I get up from my meditation or sleep and I have found much truth in the jest that you can do both at the same time, then parents leave chick shuts up. Or if I need to take a whizz. It watches me I take a peek and then get on with the necessary. Best not to mention it to the priests here. I think they grow quite quickly but it's gonna have to get a move on if it wants to be out by December 7th. After that I can offer no further assurances. For now I can't offer any assurances, but they tend not to enter one's room outwith your express permission if only for fear of crossing the threshold of your cell and being accused in thought or word of sharing unnatural embraces. I shall venture backwards or as they prefer here by the back way to my cell and take a meditation, few more Malayalam letters, and the last of Ch 12 I think Syriac sentences. Might be pushing it to finish Robinsons by 7th December but deadlines motivate me. Oh and it looks like there is more trouble in Sri Lanka. I shall try emailing the Queen Hotel asking if they have any last minute deals for a two week stay. One likes to help the local economy and everything but if they are really empty you think they might be in a position to offer me something tempting, or even a discount.

No comments:

Post a Comment