Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Geek purgatorio

Not quite heaven but getting there. Really just wanted Open Office from Sun Systems. Main attraction is it isn't completely compatible with Microsoft Office. I am Syriac Scholar a serious Scholar of Syriac why would I want my work compatible with Microsoft. I hope they don't force me to eat my words when the only available support software is run by Microsoft. That's the problem with the mighty asuras. And maybe I could have waited for January when the 3.2 version is out and will have ironed out any java problems with Snow leopard but really that is missing the fun on the nights before Xmas when nothing stirred in the house. But when I tried downloading with Safari got a strange error message half way through so I downloaded Firefox. Firefox meet Snow Leopard. Haven't really got much further than that but I assume it will be complete (the download by this evening). Had one power outage Battery life is 5 hours. Now I know if I had paid double the amount and gone for the powernotebook 17 incher it would have come with an extra 2 hours of battery life. But this is where Vipassana and Holy Poverty collide, I don't really need the extra two hours. That's why they give you a battery charger. So I could stare at the download time it's a bit like British Rail time it's been saying one hour and 32 mins for most of the post. I think I'll pass though. Once I get the former Sun System Open Office I shall have gwown up software to play with but how much can a wp have changed since the 90s. Who needs LOTRO. The Geek is back in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment