Sunday, November 8, 2009

Lord Rama and Arjuna

In the Ramayana Rama has a squabble with his brother over who will inherit the kingdom on their father's death. He insists his father's last words are obeyed and his brother should inherit whereas his brother felt his mother had manipulated his dying father and they should be ignored for the Lord Rama was the true king. That is how to argue over inheritances.

Now Arjuna does fight a war because his land has been seized by cousins but he doesn't fight for land, nor to defend the honour of his wife, they try to strip her while she is having her period but Rama makes her Sari of infinite length. He fights because the Lord Rama tells him it is his Dharma. He fights not for success because everyone he loves will die in the battle and the land will turn to dust and ashes. And he fights outwith malice or hatred or lust for result.

The lads here have noticed I have lost weight, I am far more silent but a brooding silence not the mental noble silence. And the Ethiopian student who is more of a Nigerian as he put it, I tend to cry all the time, I think he means I have that secret sorrow worn heavily on the brow I must try and put up shields and pretend to joie de vivre, if only to avoid the comments of the smarmy.

The meditation is regular, it is well what it is, I have lived with gypsies for five months and tried and failed to learn lambadi or telugu. I have lived with Keralans in Karnataka for four months and tried and failed to learn Malayalam, but in the past two months I have become reasonable proficient in ancient syriac. At least I found my language.

I am orf to Sri Lanka I hope by the 7th December. I shall try and get John the Just to purchase an open ticket for return within a month Colombo Bangalore. Then if I get the visa I come back and if not I go to England. Madonna House replied would you believe, I may stay for a week. Robin Hood Bay cold place but it's donation only. Hence the limit of a week I guess. So it's a place to stay for a while if nothing else. I must fill in a long form to attend the 2k Jesuit retreat, I think it's to cover themselves if I have a nervous breakdown and sue. And knowing me I probably would, sue that is.

On that last I have determined that I won't press the Mill Hill Society on their remissness on following the Nolan protocols in their child sex abuse allegations, nor will I press to discover how the priest funds his expensive five star breaks and frequent patronizing of Hyderabad nightlife. I will insist on a 3k fund to be placed at the disposal of young Manjulah first to ensure that her orthosis is properly fitted and full treatment provided for her as if she were a white gel. The remainder for scholarships. If she requires more funds I will arrange for the CMI priest to assist her. And if they refuse I shall press for my rights under canon 1300 and the matter to be presented to a diocesan tribunal. Be fun to see if these are complete bollox or there too it matters that I am a foreigner with money.

If anyone has read this far I have a request. I have thus far sent Irom Sharmilah Chanu the following books. Gitanjali and one other book of poetry, then Little Prince and a book on the dolls of that Belgian liberation Nun, the last two were I Phoolan Devi autobiography of the Bandit Queen and a book of Abe Lincolns writings. For Xmas next month I am sending so far Curious incident of the dog in the Night-time Mark Haddon, and Sun Tsu's Art of War penguin classic poetry only. If you have any other suggestions. For Xmas I think I can go up to four books in total please let me know. I send them by registered post so when she dies I can complain to the Postal Service why the prison authorities never even forwarded my gifts to her and sue them.

No comments:

Post a Comment