Thursday, November 12, 2009

How do you follow blogs

I was looking for the true text yeah I know it upsets Derrida but I was looking for tene me ne fugiam (can't be fugiem why did i think that) and what with the internet being great for mindless bed hopping not really a place for commitment and dedicated long term what was I saying. Anyway found this blog http://flavias.blogspot.com/ Unfortunately it may not be as jam packed with mystery and puzzles and lashings of custard as it first promised, but they never are, and yet worth a dip. I shall return on monsoon days assuming I was caught out on a monsoon. Started off about something about a vase and moved onto why you shouldn't venture into the Baths of Bath when you are no longer a twentysomething. This woman is wise I tells ya.

They have cancelled the morning Syriac, or rather two priests rapped at my door while I was performing my ablutions to let me know that the lesson had been cancelled. They never tell me when the classes are on mind. But I tend to get more done on my own, plus I have a new chappie who thinks he can teach me Malayalam. I give him two weeks. But so far we are learning the letters together for fifteen minutes each evening. I revise each day.

Gone back to meditating and trying to find mental vitality and its stillness. Fr Jose said he started when he was fourteen so to keep working at it. But if Flavia Gemina does respond I shall certainly ask her for a recommendation for the books of the month club for Irom Sharmila, she might throw some light on the mystery why a decent person who struggles for peace love and freedom in the world is locked in solitary confinement force-fed while on indefinite satyagraha fasting, whereas the rest of us can do pretty much whatever we like with bugger all restraints. But I think she is better at detecting clues on vases and ancient artefacts, a woman after my own heart.

Oh and Professor Dr Jesse Thomas ADVOCATE now has my paperwork and has promised this very afternoon to begin the process for OCI. I think it may be time to move to plan B. I shall request Fr Jacob an admissions letter for the Syriac MA course in Kottayam and then plan a return in June next year. Though if I get another tourist visa in December, then I am covered until June I could do the Certificate course there in April and May nip off to Sri Lanka again to return with a student visa to begin the MA in June badabing badaboom it's worked out better than if I hadn't gone on the Vipassana retreat. Plus I have this snazzy business card from the professor dr to add to the British Passport and Maestro card when dealing with potential threats from men in authority here.

No comments:

Post a Comment