Tuesday, November 10, 2009

respect

Now I did get annoyed with Paul Father because on the day of the wedding of my daughter you did not kiss my hand, you did not show me respect. But once I had tole Fr Jose my troubles and his response was well a better thing would be to invest in education either in scholarships for the poor or for women or for tribals you decide or the elderly in one of our homes. I think he probably is genuine, who knows. But I don't really dig I think the young Johannus Shaftus might have once put it his overrespect. I am a brown goldilocks more leadilocks perhaps.

So he does seem to think he can get me an actual meeting with someone to launch my OCI application. John the Just seems to have sent him loads more dosh than he needs so I should also get a return flight to Colombo some Sri Lankan rupees and that's all I need for now. Might take a look at the Tooth temple on line. I am pressing ahead with the Syriac. I have a vague idea I should have completed the Robinsons Grammar before the end of the month possibly another two weeks. Once that is done I shift to phase two and the reading of texts. The ones in the back of Healey chosen for their simplicity then the Gospel of Matthew because I should know it and it was originally composed in some form of Aramaic and now I'll be able to say if the rhythms the prosody make more sense in Syriac or not, possibly not for a few years. I have gone orf the idea of a year at Oxford to read for the MSt. But there is this place in the Lebanon medium of instruction French. There is a conference every few years in SEERI next one next autumn must be a place near here where I could do a year's study or even the PhD after two years at Kottayam. Edessa or Niblis would be nice but I think Niblis is Mosul, somewhere like that but with less gunfire. Not sure how crazy things are in the Lebanon mind, militias and terrorists can be so unconsiderate of Syriac Scholars. Worse thing that could happen in Oxford is the first day when they rip you off for 10gees.

Hey and John has said he would get me the computer too, I assume by that he means the new average mac white book but without the extra two year cover (waste of money I missed the extra digit first check). Perhaps I should research what to get in Lanka apart from Tea, they seemed to want to sell cashew nuts too last time. Just gonna check out the tooth temple then maybe head back to me room for a meditation and the remaining Syriac sentences.

No comments:

Post a Comment