Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Chocolate Wars

It is with some sadness that the offer of 16.7 Billion USD was rejected as Derisory. You'd think with all the supposed money changing hands these financiers could come up with more colourful terms. TVU's offer to settle with me for 1500 pounds thereabouts was derisory but I am pretty sure I used far more colourful imagery in my rejection of it. And what can a Cheese company possibly know about chocolates, jam perhaps, they could diversify.

And though I have worked out this will not involve very large and very very heavy suitcases carried by lots of security guards with armed guards protecting them all and probably just mean some adjustments to share prices it still doesn't make sense to sell a company for 70p less per share than it is currently worth. Though that's the illusion of money. It may be trading at 788 per share now but if you try selling them all at once they become worthless, so maybe they are only worth 718. But never mind. Hersheys and Ferrero to the rescue white knights.

If it were Hersheys alone it would be intuitively speaking a disaster bit like the old guy without Clint Eastwood who has on occasion made some good spagetti westerns but for my money is always better as Clint's older sidekick and mentor. For all my adult life I have disdained Hersheys kisses, those brash americans just because they add more sugar and probably addictive chemicals, what does it matter if a blind tasting meant I preferred them, chocolate is a dream, how can you have a blind tasting, no one suggests to anyone oh lets have some blind sex testing and see whether indeed you do prefer sex with your wife or with a stranger with a better body, or if they did those damned nanny state effics committees, all the best psychology was researched in the 60s.

I have always felt it would be disloyal to Galaxy which is the finest chocolate bar ever produced, and though I don't like giving the Swiss credit oh wow that was unintentional but when I had thought Nestles had taken the company over they started to improve Galaxy, you could get it with nuts or fruit or both or hazlenuts, which the ordinary Cadbury's bar had been doing for ages, think people think it's not that unobvious. But I guess if the Ferrero family is going in with them it might tone them down, but that's what we said when Blair joined up with them, don't be overawed now chococlatiers, and don't sell out when you sell up. Remember the Ambassadors parties, those days can come again.

I have just acquired an idiots guide to Savitri, definitely one for A B, it has two recommendations on the first two pages photostated one by the then PM Indira Ghandi who states the author gave up a promising career in law to pursue what she calls philosophy, and another by a retired J&K high court judge who says it should be made mandatory at all Indian University courses in Literature. Read the first few pages. It makes Savitri sound a bit like oh reminded me of Dion Fortune's tome about which she extrapolates in her novels. Yeah it's all emanations and obscure poetry. Definitely set me up for the next few weeks. So yes we shall be hopeful about the merger take over buy out of Cadbury's though heed the warning about going with the Cheese people, they'll try and have chocolate strips or soggy triangular choclate in foil in circular packets. Oh No Missus. And yet as Savitri apparently says poetically. The God of Death is not the cruel enemy of Savitri it is Savitri, and Savitri has come to save the children of darkness not to condemn them. All good stuff, I may not keep up with the early meditations but as tonite is the last chance to view the meteor storm and we have a jolly good roof whence to view it early hours I figure 3.45 wake up then head up and see for myself. Reminds me of spiderman though I'll have to play MJ too.

No Power and Glory today but nice gel at Landmark. She was racing through different screens. Whoever designed POS computer screens commercial stuff should take a cue from Windows or Snow Leopard I believe they now calls her, how I have longed for thee O beauty both ancient and new, anyway she has to go to one screen write down a reference number, reinput the reference number in another screen all by choosing options snaking back and forth. Half way through she tells me yes the Power and Glory is active. Which I had hoped meant it would be coming or that some steps were being taken to cause it to arrive (the aphiel conjugation) but after further tapping and snaking and reinputting she had found out that there was in the whole of India only one copy of The Power and the Glory Graham Greene currently in their store in Pune and she would have it sent over. I intend to return next week to claim it or whenver the dosh comes for the average white mac book with Snow Leopard and just as soon as I get the password or whatever I need for wi-fi I can download the Lotro Client and then purchase the Angmar upgrade, oh yeah she took my email address but the nice thing about giving away my email to anyone or ID as they call it here is that usually no one ever bothers me with an email. If I get more than 4 in any one day does send me into a bit of a panic, and if I don't know the sender I tend to delete them anyway.

Ok enough faffing I am back to a quick meditation, read a bit more on Savitri, oh and ploughing fast through the Robinsons only really have verbs conjugations and irregulars left. So not much new grammar just more of the same. Soon it will be time to hit the texts and then we'll see if I can or if I cannot.

No comments:

Post a Comment