Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Then again

So I got ten gees from the ATM. Maestro is working again. Got two tickets for the Alchemist for Sunday 300 rupee seats but the auditorium fits thousands, if it doesn't sell out I think we get moved to the nicer seats and if not I'm not paying 2g rupees for a seat at Christ University Theatre because yes I am a miserly snob. Oh and I do have someone who will go with Fr Arpy the Tamil Liberation priest. He said sure once I told him time and how long. Beats work eh. I think he seemed happy to come but he always smiles.

Oh and Sr Anna who had disappeared for a while plus the Thai priest who really can't speak very much english and whose name I should know by now have asked me to give them English lessons. I got time for now. Plus to make recordings of daily bible readings. Apart from I am not as unpopular as I thought, I am rather good at declaiming. Seriously priests comment, they are wowed in the aisles. Did I mention I did a six week course at Ushaw and can bend the candle flame to the horizontal for half a minute oh ok ten seconds these days but the point is I practised the spirituality of declamation. The priest who didn't understand vowel points said he taught the students here how to declaim but he clearly doesn't do it very well. So yeah Bible reading I am your man, don't matter whether it's far east or east end. In all humility I am rather good at that. Good choice Sr Anna though I can't teach to save my life but how hard can it be speak slowly and if their eyes glaze over I have gotten too excited over a minor point of grammar that isn't that important, because no point of grammar is that important. And some of them stand beside me at mass just to hear me clip me vowels. I tend to do my Noel Coward act when I pray aloud at mass mind.

Giving my cousin's Steve book on Chinese philosophy to Fr Jose. He might actually understand it though he probably won't. Have to start getting rid of the accumulations before 23 December.

Things are looking up. Once I get the first stake of John the Just's cheque I'll head over to the Mall get the average white book. 20 days ish to Kandy. I think I am back on track to finish Robinsons before then.

I am ready for a small disaster or set back oh that's it the reason I returned to post. I found this beauty of a quotation to put inside the Arundhati Roy for Sharmila Chanu takes the edge off the I have learnt to divorce hope from reason ok Arundhati you are a mighty fine looking Keralan babe but the truth is depressing enough the way you tell it, she is like the last of the Russian journalist babes the day before Putin bumps her off, a little balance would be nice here.

Souviens-toi, n'aie jamais peur, n'hesite jamais. Souviens-toi, c'est Moi qui fais, pas toi ni personne d'autre. Quels que soient les nuages qui viendront, quels que soient les dangers et les souffrances, les difficultes, quelles que soient les impossibilites, il n'y a rien d'impossible, rien n'est difficile.
C'est Moi qui fais.
A vision given to Sri Aurobindo

In the past I should have left it untranslated but for her I offered
Remember never be afraid never hesitate. Remember it is I who am doing it not you not anyone else. Whatever clouds come whatever the dangers, sufferings and difficulties, however impossible they seem. Nothing is impossible for Me, Nothing is difficult for Me.
And I am doing it all

I prefer the French turn of phrase but it's more annoying to people if I don't offer a translation and her mother tongue is Meiteilon.

No comments:

Post a Comment