Sunday, November 22, 2009

When at a loose end do not tug

So I emailed Fr Jose, no more news about the readies. I suggested if there was going to be a long delay my trying the Maestro at the Imagination shop and either they give me a macwhitebook or they don't. But I'll try catch him for evening prayer and maybe do something tomorrow or I could put off procrastinating for another day.

My Malayalam tutor didn't show. I tried explaining to him that perhaps we should meet in the cafeteria so I could take breakfast. But he kept saying oh no he will take breakfast first. Well until or unless my Malayalam is good enough to say that in Malayalam. I can say I have taken breakfast. But not why don't we meet at the cafeteria so that I can take breakfast in case you are late or don't show up. But that's quite a complicated construction and I have a box of pure ghee lados in reserve always for emergencies.

Now I have taken a look at Meiteilon the script. There is no way I am going to learn a living language apart from French which I think I speak just damn well enough already damn snobby french. I think I need a macwhitebook to distract me from well in my limited experience a new woman, with a romantic exotic mystery well they are like a black hole appearing on the computer forward screen. You don't say oh a black hole launch a level 5 probe. You say red alert Scottie give me warp drive now, make the hyperdrive leap get us the hell out of here. Why didn't someone warn me we were approaching the inescapable gravity field of a an exotic romantic mysterious woman.

Thank God for Syriac and average white mac books is all, and as for Syriac no point congratulating yourself that you can write irom sharmila chanu in Estrangela, I went for Marti as a translation for Chanu. The thing about translation it's only the twisted metal of a train wreck if you try to be too cautious and too literal. So she'd be Marti which would work well for her american tour, so Marti what's it like for you travelling in a free country for the first time in your life. Though I am not sure how to get into the whole american high fee paying lecture and after dinner speaking events, not sure if she'd be that into making money so in that we are good match.

But I have to gently remind myself from time to time the Meiteilon script is no more attractive (or less) than say estrangela or devanagari, it only looks beautful to you because. Just a gentle reminder now think what you can do with a brand new average white mac book, log onto Lotro and then two toons one a spear hurling mendicant the other a rune casting avaricious psycho. That's better Desie focus and do some more Syriac sentences Grammar doesn't get learnt on its own it's not like agriculture, you have to work at it.

Later when I have something to say or just to write randomly at a spare moment to let you know I still live.

No comments:

Post a Comment