Friday, November 20, 2009

safe money

I think my money is pretty safe because I am not that certain how to access it. I quite like the Colonel in Fawlty Towers (though he prolly was just a major then). I remember once Barclays Bank in Ealing had faffed as they do over an account with my mum, and then when we both went down after a few weeks of tooing an froing we were greeted by a senior manager who took us to a computer screen and transferred all the dosh a few thousand to the Nat West bank in about 2 seconds. Your money has been transferred. No waiting five days for clearance. No talk of use your debit card or write a cheque. I believe, and I may be wrong that's the thing with belief, that they don't allow the junior clerks to do this because it's so easy for them to steal money. They aren't that keen on their handling cash on their own.

So am still pressing ahead with an attempt to log in to Turbine for Lotro. But I suspect this will be the most exciting and rewarding adventure of the whole on-line experience so I don't wish to rush it, I think in White Tiger if you recall it's the future murderer/entrepreneur's first time with a pro and they tell him no don't pick the first gel you see, although he had found a nepalese, oh I must visit Nepal I guess no connection, because it's all anticipation. All pleasures arise and dissipate and lead only to misery.

For those of you who understand these mysteries. I had tried to relog and was issued with my username still attached to my current email address. But the randomly generated password they had given me didn't work. So I recontacted support asking for another password. Meanwhile I realized I could get one sent automatically by merely asking for one now I have the username. So I did. And they sent me one except, no email came with the new password.

Now I figure and it doesn't help to think too long on these things it's not as if I am learning Syriac Grammar, but true there is no essential difference between Syriac Sentences and logging on to Turbine. But if the username is still attached to my email account then it probably will come to my email address sometime soon I just have to wait. Although having told the support I couldn't access might complicate matters, if they reset the password.

Oh I contacted the email help at the Indian Gov OCI section and it was as I had thought. It's an automatically generated email which tells you how to fill in the on-line form. It isn't read by anyone and they will not pass it on to anyone. I try not to be superstitious, but perhaps I was not meant to get OCI. The Universe is odd like that sometimes things just happen and it don't matter much either way, and sometimes they really want you to pick the vanilla with fudge pieces and crumble sprinkles. So my guess is that they wanted me to think about visiting other places than India, and if I don't get OCI this is more likely. Though I am not complaining here, but why couldn't they give me one of those poetic auditory halucinations like Sri Aurobindo with specific instructions like Go to Kandy stay at Kandy Cottage and log onto LOTRO with this username and this password (remember these things are case sensitive just copy and paste and you'll be fine me lad)

Ah if only life were that simple

No comments:

Post a Comment