Thursday, November 19, 2009

slight modifications to plans

So Michelle from the Queen's Hotel hasn't got back to me about rates for a week with an option to prolong. But then I came across the Kandy Cottage, meant for writers and artists has the frisson of Hanzel and Gretals cottage only three rooms 10 usd per night for the first week and 5 per night for the second. Plus it has broadband. I have emailed the proprietors.

Sr Anna has tried to make contact again wants me to use an MP3 to record some biblical stuff. In my limited experience we should try recording one session. Because I am pretty sure I could end up not recording anything and I am not sure if she is any better with modernity than I. Whitebook is one thing. But I remain a devoted Syriac Scholar.

I did think about the train journey but the observation car is available only early in the morning on two runs before I arrive. And I know the bus route now. If the tea plantation guys come through I'll bring back some tea. But it's nice not to have to depend on anyone, then they can take me out to tea, I should bring along a bottle of single malt, it's a bit like stockings and chocolate in WWII, I think, and I am sure I could get rid of it if peeps were busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment