Wednesday, December 2, 2009

books

So I sent off some 3 D origami jigsaw things this time for She - hey I noticed Blogger lets me type in several Indian languages but not Meiteilon, I guess I am in the South the four southern languages and Hindi fair dos but I can sort of write in Meiteilon-, anyway St Basil's which I always called the Kremlin, Tower Bridge, La Tour Eiffel, and the tower King Kong climbed when beauty killed the beast. I read her speech made urbi et orbi when they had her up before magistrates, she is a bit political, she is beginning to sound like St Peter and the speeches he gave after being arrested and you know it's better for him maybe to stop speaking because look what they did to you after you spoke the last time, but these prophet types they never listen, your ways are not God's ways they say maybe be but its peeps who are gonna get violent soon and I understand peeps, there is no hope for us, she will be used up by that land till there is nothing left of her, this current sacrifice is only the beginning, it will never end for her, so it's making her all the more attractive to me.

I've been reading Snow by Orhan Pamuk either I've become more Indian or he has improved since My name is Red, which is a poor man's Name of the Rose set in the islamic art world of the great turkish empire. This one is more me gets off to a cracking pace after a solid intro. Our Hero is a middle ageing poet who never quite made it in the west he goes back to his home town hoping to meet his high school crush recently divorced but ostensibly to cover a story for a newspaper involving suicides islamic extremism and the Turkish secret police, and while meeting her in the New Age Pastry Shop he inadvertently blurts out on the first tea together it must have been the pastry, the truth that he came to marry her and looking in her eyes he realizes she has caught on to him, as accused in the silence, so you couldn't even bother to take the time to get to know me you are so impatient so greedy so infantile you couldn't even be bothered to make up some lines about how you always loved me, because in the end it's that superficial that you remembered how pretty I was heard I was divorced and thought you could save me from this dump of a town and you knew now at our age our expectations would be so much more lowered. But what she actually says is, "I always knew you had it in you to be a good poet, I'd like to congratulate you on your books." That is exactly how it happens.

I tells you Orhan is stealing the life I didn't have yet, our hero is Russian in his idea of impending sorrow, touch of the oscar wilde I am too beautiful for the worlde, and that's how life is supposed to be, I am supposed to meet She in the New Age Pastry Shop when the town is snowed in and no one can leave, and my cover story is I am investigating some Syriac manuscript found in Imphal, but I know even without reading it something terrible awful unbearable is going to happen. Yet what else was waiting for him. Second rate poetry to be despised in a land of foreigners. Not just death awaits, that too, but terrible things. Now this is a novel. I hope She enjoys it. Oh and what happened to that Major Superior, I wonder what he is going to say. If he looks after Manjulah job done otherwise I should make him afraid, I don't think he'll be phased by threats so I'll have to take it to level 2. TVU/OIAHE was springtime so that one can rest till after Xmas.

Next week gotta get the visa sorted I should start some kind of packing thing soon. Although looking around really all I've got to do is throw out the stuff I don't want and papers etc. And then what's left should fit into one bag, with the pictures and fragiles to be wrapped in clothes. Tomorrow. I should head off to prayers tomorrow also. So time for a meditation and then maybe some Syriac if I am in the mood. I hope to finish the Healey reading practice texts in Kandy. Then Goa and Xmas can be more of a rest.

Meditation sounds good. I think only the supramental can save us. So long as it doesn't get in the way of yeah yeah. Pre-downloading episode 6 of Starhunter it's still ok. Everyone seems keen on cappie percy the gel next door, yet no comments on the tall willowy black supermodel mars special forces gel, plenty more for me I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment