Friday, December 18, 2009

Film recommendations

So those of you and you know who you are who like the film about the demon who is conjured and you have to get another person to accept the note thing to pass on the curse famous film forgot the name but not all hollywood remakes are that terrible and you may hate me for this it may forever drop my reputation as basically a populist kitsch he of no taste, just pretend intellectual but really a closet wannabe amurkan well Sam Raimi's Drag me to Hell. Not bad remake, retake, labour of love, I got the unrated director's cut not sure what all the fuss was about, scary yes ok but it's that what a horror film is supposed to do. Certainly not in the same league as Lat da ratte komma in or however you say it almost worth learning swedish just so I can say that with conviction but as a remake well done that Sam Raimi, go make Spiderman IV you earned your street cred now go get yourself some money and another condo or yacht and mistresses poor Tiger Wood who knew, you mean they didn't love you for your personality and golfing skills, wimin eh.

Going for rise of the Lycans third in the series and relying on the wimin in leather effect sometimes the critics completely miss the point. Sam understands if it is essential for the plot or for the narrative or the text anyway if it's essential for the starlet to wrestle in mud in the rain with well you missed an opportunity there Sammy but anyway at least he understood as did the Star Wars guy, it is essential for there to be no bra. Maybe it could be seen as a lacanian subtle attack on the hegemony of Brahminism but either way good call Sam. Now this is what I'm talking about.

Oh yeah so tried real life for a few hours. Went into Kandy saw the cultural show. The cultural centre could take a few thousand so in the end the hundred who turned up looked few. It is a little sad and decadent, reminded me of the Mary David troupe, and times passed. Oh if you remember the royal variety show well they did the plate spinning thing, might even have started here, and fire swallowing but it was more of a magicko-religious ritual today and walked on hot coals. And some dancing and drumming and a little bit of athletics. I did like the whole cobra dance thing and the way the waist turns the hands or the wrists. All very tai chi chuan. But the age is dying. Las vegas does it much better. More's the pity.

So yes I picked up two leeches on the way back left foot. This time I'll leave them to soak hope they drop off when they are bloated. It may be revenge for my plans for Eli but I cannot be dissuaded by low level attacks. I'm not looking to kill vampyres, but do you really expect me, well there is a possibility if young Eli there would consent to a few small jobs, be part of the six entity team, a bit like Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid but this is unofficial, there's the whole killing of the three boys by the swimming pool and you left a witness girl. That's the problem when people start killing by a code, it just complicates life.

So yep enough of real life I was going to say back to some films. Tomorrow is Saturday. Monday I return to Colombo. Tuesday I hit Bangalore and Wednesday Morning 23 eve of Xmas Eve I hope to be with John the Just and I should be able to relax there. As close as I get to family for now.

Oh I have a chance to have another free week with LOTRO. I almost considered it and thought no it's going so well with Yahoo Answers, I have made a new contact, I was interested in paranormal questions but my contact tombraider who may be a little younger than I had first imagined well she also deals in questions on make up, ah but I can give the amurkans the benefit of my bindi and henna knowledge, not to mention sandalwood paste and Lavender. I am a man of yes well ok only gonna start the download tonite it will kick out soon but at least I have something started.

Time check Fri 9.57pm check me.

2 comments:

  1. ah but just how scary is it? As you know I am of a very delicate constitution...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok the problem with the unrated director's cut version is after you go oh my god, that was scary and you jump out of your skin a little it carries on you and you go oh no, please stop, now it has a reputation for a little campness not as camp as lair of the white wyrm, which is the lodestone something stone for camp horror but it has its campness. But it is scary. I think you may be safer with the rated version I hope that it just makes you jump out of your skin from time to time outwith the need for oh no please stop.

    ReplyDelete