Wednesday, December 16, 2009

District 9

Thing with Sky or Cable or an Average White McBook and unlimited broadband is you can see films you wouldn't ordinarily see. I was quite taken by District 9. Critics weren't so. I guess it's hard to place. It's like one of those Australian Films like Strictly Ballroom, or that woman's wedding with Abba songs, except its South African. You know how you'd think these people are so good at sport because they are completely devoid of any cultural or intellectual distractions and yet when they do have a go, quirky. But I really like Night Mshayaalahamsmse film about the naiad the water spirit and no one liked that. But I also really love the Book of Tobit. Anyway so I got two more Pelham 123 and Hellboy it depends how many seeds I get it seems better to go for more than one film and they switch to the best download only way to do it really quickly is to have administrator control over the router. I am just pleased they switch it back on in the morning. Around midnight I think they switch off. Orders is orders and lets me sleep the machine. Well ok I might try chatting to the guests but not for too long. I don't think I like people that much and if I haven't spoken for ages I can be a little too manic. So much for vipassana. I am a meditator. Hmm.

2 comments:

  1. If you get a chance see 'The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus' it was savaged by the critics but I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still no sign of a genuine dvd rip of Parnassus. Though I think I may be getting cabin fever, not the original kind that was when Canadians having drunk all the bottles of alcohol they had stored up in the winter emerged from their cabins the snows melting with what we would call withdrawals, but I find it difficult chatting to people. I think I should no more excuses start meditating soon. And I need space to tai chi chuan first time in ages I haven't practised the form daily, problem with a bodily dance form you need some space.

    ReplyDelete