Friday, December 18, 2009

I must go and live or stay and die love Eli

Ok I was vegetating away here but every now and then, it's a swedish film Let the Right one in, theme is not new modern vampyre cross with the little girl who lives down the lane. The novelist when he say 8 mins of the directors's cut started crying because it was so beautiful, nothing how he had imagined it, completely new and a masterpiece. Hollywood plan a remake this year. Why do americans set themselves up that way. Infernal affairs ok I'll give them they improved. But this one is maybe the French could do it, or the South Africans but ah well they never listen. Same with a composer you tell them don't start the tenth do they ever listen.

Now why is it though, 12 yr old kid gets to go steady with a vampyre after she has explained what if I wasn't a girl, ok I'm not a girl, and he still wants to go steady and she explains the whold, if I stay I shall die if I go I will live, and still they find a way to be together. Does it have to be completely impossible for the thing to work.

And in real life, stay with me, in real life, I know it would be my job to slay the vampyre, am I not a part time reservist on indefinite gardening leave with the forces of good and is she not correct me if I'm wrong here a bloodsucking no need for obscenities ok but a vampyre feeds off the blood of if not innocents well children of the living god yes. She cannot live without, yes. So look if I make an exception in this case, word will get around, there's no point pretending. And I've seen how fast you are kid I'm not gonna give you any chance. Plus I'm not going alone. When you bring more than a six entity team they tend to get bored but a couple of reliable killers with me. I can't let you live.

No don't look at me like that. What you think you two are going to have a happy life in the fjords somewhere, exchanging kisses in morse what do you think is going to happen in a few years when Oskar meets a real girl what then. And you haven't planned this out kids. You are 12 ok one of you has phenomenal wealth but with the usual vampyre flaws. We will find you and we will kill you. Love Shmuv no I am not getting soft. Leave the boy out in sunlight and feed him some garlic, I am not suggesting overkill. But Eli has to die.

But what a beautiful romantic film. And I am far less cruel than the american who is suggesting a remake. That's just evil.

No comments:

Post a Comment